Record Rooms

All things go well - I'll be moving into a bigger house and finally FINALLY I'll get me own record room... :lol:

Decks set up - Shelving put up - Posters / Framed autographs - 45s/LPs filed nicely - Maybe a small sofa and coffee table to peruse the latest Soul mag or record list.

Whats in yours? Is it your safe house from the 'normal' world - a place to go where only the US 45s understand what your saying? Do you need a bigger one? Did the estate agent look at you funny when your better half said ' See you can have this room for your records ' and feel like you were ten years old?

Rich

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All things go well - I'll be moving into a bigger house and finally FINALLY I'll get me own record room... :lol:

Decks set up - Shelving put up - Posters / Framed autographs - 45s/LPs filed nicely - Maybe a small sofa and coffee table to peruse the latest Soul mag or record list.

Whats in yours? Is it your safe house from the 'normal' world - a place to go where only the US 45s understand what your saying? Do you need a bigger one? Did the estate agent look at you funny when your better half said ' See you can have this room for your records ' and feel like you were ten years old?

Rich

When's the house warming then Rich?. You still staying in sunny Harrogate?.

We used to have the decks on the dining room table, & we had our dinner on a tray in the living room. But since last year when the little girl started having friends round for tea they got relegated to the converted loft. The only thing is you cant play them on a night as the loft is above the little girls room & you have to get to it through her room. So they are gathering dust, while we contemplate moving or selling them.

If it was down to my hubby he would have a lads room, decks, playstation, computer, bar, etc & I would never see him!

Kirstyx

Social source share

All things go well - I'll be moving into a bigger house and finally FINALLY I'll get me own record room... :yes:

Rich

Frankly, it's a shit tip. :lol:

Books, vinyl and half-burnt CD's everywhere - I get an idea of a theme for a CD for the car and never seem to finish them. Consequently I've got piles of records everywhere that relate to these CD's.

The bulk of the collection is in the loft - which looks like a bombs hit it also

However, the anally retentive 'E' that I manage to keep subverted is pushing itself to the fore because I've misplaced Guralnick's' 'Last Train to Memphis' and I can't find Lee Williams Carnival stuff so I may have to have a tidy it. Something to do when the nights draw in and I can't go golfing after work anymore biggrin.gif

Social source share

Mines in the dining room as it never gets used for eating in except for Christmas. Twin decks, & a Hi FI Unit for CDs Records are all over the place as i need some more Record boxes or Shelves if I can talk her into it, only thing missing is a extra 200 top tunes on me wants list to put in it, Oh and the money to pay for em

Social source share

At the moment we have a large kitchen and a fairly big utility room.....Now most people would knock the two together and have a lovely large kitchen diner.....oh no, not suitable for vinyl junkies. We're gonna knock the wall down making one big room....then build another wall ...3/4 the way up and have a very small kitchen....and a very large record room.

It will house shelving for books and records...PC and all related stuff.....stereo system and a comfy sofa.

Kitchen will be tiny bog standard focus DIY jobbie

You have to get your priorities right...dont't you?

Social source share

I got to admit it...

I've got the record room of my dreams.

:huh:

A 400 sq foot fully tanked and soundproofed Basement with all my 45's in beautifully crafted cabinets, alphabetically filed by record label in 7.5" x 12" drawers, all down one wall, with LP's shelved down another.

Seating for 6, Twin Decks and linked CD burner, Suspended Kef Speakers, the works.

And a huge pile of empty, brown cardboard record packets, floor to ceiling :shades: .

Sean

Social source share

All things go well - I'll be moving into a bigger house and finally FINALLY I'll get me own record room... :shades:

Rich

Hi Rich ,hope you are well :yes:

I've got records in the Bedroom(not boasting by the way :huh: )

in the living room,dining room ,kitchen and our conservatory......I bet the missus would not let me have another room :huh: ATB Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!