3 45s in a box

Hi people

We all know the feeling when we go out for digging and hope to find some interesting maybe unknown stuff.

Here are 3 examples of records in my boxes. Dont know if they are danceable or playable at an event. I personally kinda like em.

I didnt name them to make it a bit more exciting, you are welcome to name them though if you want :)

What do you think? 

• any good? or put em in the "useless" box....
  • worth doing a cover up?
  • anyone knows one of them? Are they known?

Thanks!

Henning

1.mp3

2.mp3

3.mp3

Edited by Henning Börm
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

ok. 160 people that checked this and no reply.

Can you please lighten up why? i'm very interested.

I don't take this personal but making a guess. It's just interesting when you know each other? 

I'm a member on here since many years and sometimes try to post something and always get just a little interest. I doesn't feel like a big community, more like a UK-elite thing. Makes me a bit sad cause i love to share and would love to hear honest constructive opinions. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think both 1&3 could probably be played at the right venue. However I don't feel that they are fantastic. 

1 has a nice production but the melody and hook are kind of weak.

3 has a cool production which I kind of liked but the voice does not do it for me...

Keep up the search! I know you will dig out cool tunes! :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Henning, Played No1; opening bars sounde promising,then when the guy started singing,;White souless vocals,old beat group arrangement awful guitar break,file in your useless box,maybe OK for "ye oldie tape swappers ",Could not face the next two,sorry keep on digging LOL 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Henning ,Apologize for being rather rude ;have now listened to your portfolio your potential monsters ,the verdict is in ; {statutory 10 second pause } No2  The four Blazers [Uncovered! } jm has it at £50 ! to me it is Cliff  with a Texas garage grunge band ,not good. No3 ;  assume its called "talkin bout Lurv"  asort of testifyin Gospel dance meets Tom Jones! This is Numero uno .  But wait ,,of avery average group of pop music. For what its worth . I have spent many generations buying Musical Crap,convincing myself that ;; played loud ,in a big venue, after 10 Stellas or the drug of choice that this disc is fantastico. !Well i have finally learnt{almost} Buy Quality! You will never ever polish a whatsit. leave it to the experts. Lol Johnny

Social source share

4 hours ago, Henning Börm said:

Track 2 is: four blazers - girl on buddy

its really interesting how different tastes are. To me it also sounds pretty nice with the horns.

Thanks for that Henning,you,ve put me outta my misery, been niggling me for days, knew i had it somewhere but could not remember who it was by or what it was called, glad im not the only one who quite likes it though..lol :thumbsup:

ps that Blue eyed podcast you did a few months ago is truly Outstanding!!

Edited by Mach
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Mach said:

Thanks for that Henning,you,ve put me outta my misery, been niggling me for days, knew i had it somewhere but could not remember who it was by or what it was called, glad im not the only one who quite likes it though..lol :thumbsup:

ps that Blue eyed podcast you did a few months ago is truly Outstanding!!

Thx for the kind words on my mix!! i totally love the blue-eyed sound :)

Here's another track i would be interested in your opinion!

For me its one of the greatest tracks i heard in recent years....

4.mp3

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 16:26, Henning Börm said:

Hi people

We all know the feeling when we go out for digging and hope to find some interesting maybe unknown stuff.

Here are 3 examples of records in my boxes. Dont know if they are danceable or playable at an event. I personally kinda like em.

I didnt name them to make it a bit more exciting, you are welcome to name them though if you want :)

What do you think? 

• any good? or put em in the "useless" box....
  • worth doing a cover up?
  • anyone knows one of them? Are they known?

Thanks!

Henning

1.mp3

2.mp3

3.mp3

Hi H  I think you have done well with these 3, as they are all in there own way have a sound that some one would like,  my opinion is this as they are uptempo you will have to try hard to find a DJ to play #2 & ##3 as for #1 It gets my vote & I would buy it from you,  The thing to remember when finding records, we have all found the big one in the past. I personally have never had one of my finds played as my discovery in the last 40 years, yet if I was to do a DJ spot I could easy play records that would be unknown to most, so keep on searching.  PS email me the titles if you want to sell them? or if not post up the title so we get a chance to find them? KTF.

Social source share

44 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

Hi H  I think you have done well with these 3, as they are all in there own way have a sound that some one would like,  my opinion is this as they are uptempo you will have to try hard to find a DJ to play #2 & ##3 as for #1 It gets my vote & I would buy it from you,  The thing to remember when finding records, we have all found the big one in the past. I personally have never had one of my finds played as my discovery in the last 40 years, yet if I was to do a DJ spot I could easy play records that would be unknown to most, so keep on searching.  PS email me the titles if you want to sell them? or if not post up the title so we get a chance to find them? KTF.

Hi D

Thx for the reply. I'm noz keen on being a discoverer, just love to talk about records nd share them....

I might sell them, not sure at mo though. Feel free to drop an offer if interested.

1. Sydels - you dont know

2. Four Blazers - Girl

3. Tom Dooley - Talkin about love

Did you check out no. 4 i added today in the morning?

Cheers 

Henning

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Henning,Congrats,30  Posts, I did not realise how popular your type of Soul Music is,What  wonderful W,O,N,S we have on Soul Source .  To help you in your Endeavours ,Seek out :: Record Market General sales And Wants ,on this site Go to Fanzines The Owls Effort  being sold by the marvelous mach ,and presto you will find pages and pages of similar sounds , have great day lol Johnny .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!