COLLECTION FOR SALE

nksouldude

As a teenager in the seventies I started to get into soul music such as the band Tavares This progressed into attending local youth center and other clubs Were I enjoyed listening to northern I started to dance and buy some records I then went onto some bigger clubs in my area and eventually in 1979 attended Wigan nighters along with other venues I still attend local and national dues Ive enjoyed all aspects of soul music Ive been over to the States were ive found some nice 45s Ive now decided to sell my small collection of about 300 45s The collection contains different types of soul 45s from northern rare modern and some r n b I still like all sorts soul music and In my collection there is some nice originals to reissues and pressings Heres a few examples of the rarer stuff that's in the collection L Allen Cant we talk it over Green Dolphin Joanie Sommers Don't pity me W B Ellusions You didn't have to leave Lamon The Lucky Charms Tied to your heart Sugerhill ( One of my all time favorites ) Kenny Wells Isnt it a shame New Voice The Natural Four I thought you were mine Boola Boola Flffy Falana My little cottage Alpha The New Wonders This man in love Ready All my collection the 45s are in allsorts of condition there is about 330 45s Im open to offers but thinking about £20000 Im not going to list them and will only sell as a collection Any body can come over and have a look through the collection I live in Long Eaton Derbyshire You can pm me or call 07703743932 Thanks Nigel

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Hey Dude. Whet our appetites with a list. We like scans and MUST know the conditions of all discs. Many of us will have much of what you have to offer so there's no point in buying stuff we already own. Your best bet is to approach a major dealer like Manny, Pat, Tim, Darren et al and unload as a consignment. Alternatively, sell on here in small lots and build up interest. Most importantly, keep references to pressings out of the way when marketing originals as this causes confusion. Hope this helps.

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Typo
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

I think Nigel probably got off to a bad start - give the lad a chance.

Nigel - people are friendly on here and will always try and be helpful. 

Peter

agree who knows what else he may have in his collection...the few he as listed are nice records and he still as 300+

in todays market £20000........may be worth sorting out a proper list thou

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I can understand when you have 330 records why you may take your approach but that's an average of £60 a pop. Assuming there is going to be the usual £5 records, am I to assume there are some blinders in there. Wouldn't you be better splitting out the really good ones and selling them individually, getting your best price and shifting the lesser price ones en masse.

Ironically I live in Derby, so not that far away - just don't have £20k knocking around

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

I think Nigel probably got off to a bad start - give the lad a chance.

Nigel - people are friendly on here and will always try and be helpful. 

Peter

16 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Nigel hasn't provided any specific prices though has he - just an opening gambit on the job lot.

I'm sure Rod will put us right if we have faux-pas'd

Hi Peter thanks for your kind comments Unlike some folk on here

Social source share

2 minutes ago, nksouldude said:

Hi Peter thanks for your kind comments Unlike some folk on here

No problem mate. As I said people on here are a good bunch and some of the posts are just trying to be helpful in terms of you maximising your sale. It can be labour intensive and quite tricky - I for example wouldn't have the patience or time to grade mine, offer them for sale, package them up etc. I would probably do a deal with one of the sellers. But, as you rightly say, they are your records. I hope you get the best possible price - however you decide to sell, and I'm sure you'll make some buyers happy in the process.

Best of luck Nigel.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Closing this.

The offer is there to come round and view and a phone # provided should anyone wish to pursue the sale.

Up to the seller how he wishes to dispose of his collection.

Take the point may not be the optimum manner to sell as a ballpark figure of £20,000 no doubt restricts the number of potential buyers.

I'm sure some of the advice offered is constructive if at times somewhat harshly worded.

Thank you Peter99 for perhaps showing how it's done.

ROD

• Helpful 2
Social source share