Recommend a soulful party band? Midlands

Dayo

Hi Dayo,

depending on how big a band you want and the size of your budget I can reccommend The Mysteries, a husband and wife duo from Brum. I first met them when I did a gig with Fay Jones in Brum, took their details and later had them play at my sisters 50th (2 x 45 min sets). Max plays guitar and does backing vocals to Ann Maries lead. They use backing tapes so you won't necessarily get the "big band" feel, but they do cover soul and Motown classics, (Marie alsodoes a great Dusty) and are reasonably priced. They have a website and Facebook page so it might be worth a look.

Just a thought. KTF & KOKO. Shed.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Dayo said:

Can anyone recommend a soulful party band for my daughter's wedding?  The venue is in Staffs next year.

Not looking for a Northern Soul covers band exactly, more of a general soul/funk/motown outfit.

Be really grateful.....

The Atlantic Players from Birmingham are incredible, seen them loads

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can highly recommend a band we've worked with many times called The FLiKS ....... Portsmouth based but gig all over the country. Mostly soul and motown, they can also put w few popper ones in if necessary ..... and the bloke in the band are also doing a few hammond  instrumental numbers too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I had these on my 50 th birthday absolutely brill

home-button.jpg

video-button.jpg

music-button.jpg set-list-button.jpg contact-button.jpg
heading.jpg
Mystcolur2.jpg
Who are The Mysteries?
The Mysteries are a Male Female Duo based in the midlands,
playing Soul & Motown classics from the 60’s & 70's.
With the wonderful sounds of Motown and Soul, The Mysteries can create that feel good factor. From dancefloor classics to soulful ballads, The Mysteries will have you singing & dancing to the sweet sounds of Motown. All backing tracks have been selected with great care and attention to preserve the authenticity of that fantastic Motown vibe and are all very good representations of the original songs, as you can hear on our music page. 
What do The Mysteries offer?
  • 2 x 1 hour sets of solid Soul & Motown
  • Full minidisc backing using quality professional backing tracks
  • 1kw Peavey sound system
  • Stage lighting
  • Background music between performances to keep the party kicking. 
The Mysteries perform all over the UK. 
Please include your location when making an 
enquiry, as distance has to be taken into account to provide an accurate quote. Quotes are based on 2 x 1 hour performance during a 4 hour period, 
e.g 7pm - 11pm or 8pm - 12 midnight. 
The Mysteries will arrive 1 hour before their 
performance to set up and then..... the party starts!
Extended performance length, early arrival etc. is negotiable.
For availability, a quote or any other information, please
 contact us
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!