Grudge Against Northern Soul

Guest soulfulmouse

Guest soulfulmouse

https://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/index...&highlight=

were getting a kicking on another forum from a couple of record collecting guys.although i agree with them up to a point.they have the lunacy to describe our music as cut out soul and not good enough for ever to breleased.one of them describes al williams as a poor 45!!!.if you are a member feel free to add your comments on that forum.

Edited by soulfulmouse
Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Stuart T

I wouldn't get too excited about getting into a flame war with some greasy loser with no mates who happens to want to slag off a genre of music just because he doesn't like it. He probably thinks that Gary Moore really is a blues guitarist (BB King to Garry Moore: "Gary, you should try playing less notes."). He appears to be a moderator too, probably one of those skinny losers at record fairs who wants to discuss the rare Japanese pink vinyl white label of a million selling Queen record whilst you're queing up to get in.

Social source share

were getting a kicking on another forum from a couple of record collecting guys.although i agree with them up to a point.they have the lunacy to describe our music as cut out soul and not good enough for ever to breleased.one of them describes al williams as a poor 45!!!.if you are a member feel free to add your comments on that forum.

I can understand your concerns, but folk are entitled to their opinions. If we all thought the same, record prices would be even higher. If they don't get it, fine. We here (mostly) do. Let's celebrate the positive and not concern ourselves with those that don't see it. Wading in isn't going to change their views.

Social source share

I can understand your concerns, but folk are entitled to their opinions. If we all thought the same, record prices would be even higher. If they don't get it, fine. We here (mostly) do. Let's celebrate the positive and not concern ourselves with those that don't see it. Wading in isn't going to change their views.

but it's thursday night and we're bored :shades:

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Tell them it's not so much a music 'genre', more of a way of life and perhaps they'd do well to get one. Also if they can get me a copy of Al Williams for $1 I'd willingly have take it from them. :shades:

Martin

Social source share

Fair enough! 1st Northern Soul Battallion. Advance! Take no prisoners!

Have just returned from a intellegence gathering trip into no mans land. We have nothing to fear from the invaders. We fought them on the beaches. ( Washed Ashore ) We fought them in the Streets ( Run for cover ) and we fought them in the houses. ( Bricks , Broken Bottles and Sticks ) Some of our american allies have sorted them out .

Steve

Social source share

Have just returned from a intellegence gathering trip into no mans land. We have nothing to fear from the invaders. We fought them on the beaches. ( Washed Ashore ) We fought them in the Streets ( Run for cover ) and we fought them in the houses. ( Bricks , Broken Bottles and Sticks ) Some of our american allies have sorted them out .

Steve

I did notice that our SS spy "djr" from across the pond was doing a fine job defending our freedom and way of life, just hope it's not too much for a single handed defence :shades:

QoFxx

Social source share

what I did have a bone with was the sacrilegous comment in comparing Billy Woods cringeworthy Sussex offering with the Temps and Tops. :shades:

I can see why people scratch their heads when fat old blokes break the bank to buy a kipper like that but don't even own a Trammps or a Tavares 45. We're effin' nuts I tell you. :huh:

Social source share

John, I have a fair knowledge about this scene mate but i still talk Bollocks on a regular basis...lol

Mark Bicknell.

:huh: Talking bollocks is a prerequisite on the northern scene is it not :shades: .

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

At least there is a dialogue about it. Reading the posts, it seemed it was like those old 'Smash' potato commercials from years ago. Somebody on another planet asking questions and getting teacher to respond. Should not complain...

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Isn't CaptainVague a well known "Northern" dealer??? :D

Oh SH*T!

Someone has hijacked my name!

I never even knew about this website (recordcollectorsguild) till now!!!!!!

Not me who posted that bullsh*t. :D .....

Sad too the idiot is from Los angeles as well.

Easy to assume, folks, but it isn't Mike Vague. Sorry. :(

It will be interesting to see who it is eventually..

I think I'll start a user name called Mr. Manship; That wont confuse anyone.... :(

Fekkin idiot, this "Mr.Vague", dont confuse me with him!

By the way, Mike (recordswanted), this guy never made reference to being a DJ (I've been doing it 20+ years, besides collecting and flipping records..) besides collecting stale Dylan records. Careful, son.... :)

Social source share

remain calm everyone.....i know where the t**t lives :D

Maybe you can reach the "t**t" after he comes forward and id's himself properly!

I just signed into this website for the first time, hopefully this classic rocker will come forward..

Here's what I just sent him.. :D

I've been getting a little greif on a well known Soul music website, cause some folks think you are me and that your post is narrow minded!

1. I deal records and collect a few types of music, mostly soul.

2. I live in Los Angeles, have my whole 37 years (like you?)

3. Enjoy James Brown as well.

BUT....

I have been using this name (Mike Vague) for well over 20+ years as a DJ, etc., and was not aware you were using this name until I got insulted and questioned by my fellow soul music fans!

Step up and identify your real name, so mine will not be confused with your opinions.

Thank you.

Social source share

Lighten up, Mike. It's was obvious it wasn't you. More likely someone with a grudge against you than as opposed to northern soul.

Still, I can't get the idea of you with one of those captains hats on out of my head! :rolleyes:

61s.jpg

Social source share

Lighten up, Mike. It's was obvious it wasn't you. More likely someone with a grudge against you than as opposed to northern soul.

Still, I can't get the idea of you with one of those captains hats on out of my head! :lol:

61s.jpg

Sorry if I appeared upset; I think its a certain seller out at Pasadena swap who ALWAYS comments on my auction results every month; He really doesnt get the SOUL thing, and cant understand why others get more $$ than him (player hating?) for this music. Maybe some love for it might help him someday...

BTW, The guys down at the "blue oyster" bar call me "Captain Vague" when I wear that sexy hat... :rolleyes: !!!

Social source share

Still, I can't get the idea of you with one of those captains hats on out of my head! :lol:

61s.jpg

Captain Vague is a guy named Doug...

Heres his reply;

Hi Mike, my real name is Doug, I moved to Los Angeles in 1981, I've never been to a soul music forum, I collect a lot of soul but specialize in rock and blues, I have used CaptainVague as a moniker for over 10 years, a name I came up with for a blues band I was in in the late 70's while at the University of Minnesota that the band never used. I Collect LP's not 45's. I am a music fan 1st and don't collect based on the value of the recording. I'd love to have some Northern Soul but a compilation CD would do, as if you read my posts on this subject I don't have a narrow mind to the music per se, I just have a narrow wallet. I don't venture into collecting obscure genres or artists unless it's something I dug growing up or got turned on to. Flipping through my collection of about 2000 LP's you will see established artists that would be found in the Jazz/Rock/Blues/Soul hall of fames because that's what I like and much of it is readily available and reasonbly priced. If I say something was a cutout or a throwaway demo it's becasue that's what it I believe was. If somebody else believes it to be the lost holy grail and is willing to shell out $$ then by all means do so. Sometimes I feel like responses I get to some of these posts remined me of arguments I get in with my younger brother over heavy metal, where he acuses me of believing that the guitar died with Hendrix. Sorry about your greif in the other forum but I ain't you, and you ain't me (sounds like a song title).

There you go, folks.... :rolleyes:

Social source share

Sorry if I appeared upset; I think its a certain seller out at Pasadena swap who ALWAYS comments on my auction results every month; He really doesnt get the SOUL thing, and cant understand why others get more $$ than him (player hating?) for this music. Maybe some love for it might help him someday...

BTW, The guys down at the "blue oyster" bar call me "Captain Vague" when I wear that sexy hat... :rolleyes: !!!

Mike,don't let it worry you ,I have bought tunes off you & will continue doing so.NO PROBLEMS FROM MY END

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!