TOBY - R.I.P

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster
9 hours ago, Hitsville Chalky said:

Is this Toby who booked Steve Calloway with You Andy ..Groovesville Soul club ....if so ....I'm saddened to hear this sad news ..not seen him for ages but what a lovely top guy he was ...RIP Mate xx

Hi Chalky, yes it is the same Toby. He always remembered how much we all enjoyed that night with Steve.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster
1 hour ago, Rbman said:

Great memories Toby....... Nothing now but Blue Skies.....mx 

Hi Martin

I only mentioned to him a few days before he went that I had seen your name pop up on here for the first time in ages. Sparked a few laughs and memories from blue skies and the 100

Social source share

Toby's funeral details 

Friday 26th February @ 10.00 am for a 10.15 service @ Hardwood Park Crematorium, Watton Rd, Stevenage SG2 8XT. The wake will be in Letchworth and arrangements are to follow. Will post more when I know more.

Regards Julie

this message is forwarded with permission from Mrs Toleman

Social source share

Oh Tobe - who's gonna greet me with a kiss and a squeal and then threatening to have pictures of my PVC clad sweaty cleavage blown up and plastered about. Hadn't seen you for a few years - and you'd been poorly then too. I'm glad that you'd found happiness and dearly hope your last days were spent with those that loved you the most. I'll miss you, you silly old bugger. xx

Social source share

goodbye my old mucker - cant get my head around the fact that we will never see each other again, I wish you could see these posts - to see how much you were loved - I cant stop thinking about all the great times we had at nighters through the years, and the good times we had record hunting abroad - I wish we had time to go for that meal would have been nice to catch up and meet the Mrs my deepest condolences go out to Gail. I`m so glad you found someone to love you and to be with in the darker days. Toby you were one of the best - Yes sometimes you talked bollocks and if you said morning you had to check outside - But you had a heart of gold, you would go out of your way to help anyone. The Northern Scene will have a massive hole without you - Me and Lindy miss you already ------ Love you, you old bugger - Pain cant touch you anymore  "I ll Never Forget You`" rest in peace ------- PJ and Lindy xxx

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Wake is at the Gardeners Arms, Letchworth, SG6 4LG

Service at 10 for 10.15 in Stevenage

All are welcome, it really is a sad loss

Social source share

Not been on here for a while and just saw this. I DJ'd with him at Blue Skies in London Bridge quite a few years ago and we got on like a house on fire after that, met him several times at The Blue Posts pub and in the 100 Club, always had a chat and a laugh with him and he was a total gent.

Such sad news.

Lenny

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster
On 14/02/2016 at 18:41, greety said:

I saw on Facebook, no flowers. Could someone on here pm me with details of where to send a cheque to, and who should it be made payable to?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

There has been 2 justgive donation pages set up, one for macmillans nurses and one for the garden house hospice in letchworth

I will get the details and put them on here tomorrow

all the best

Andy

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!