ALF HOCKADAY R.I.P

Souljer6

For those who knew him and have not as yet heard, Alf sadly passed away a week and a half ago. Originally from Stalybridge, he latterly lived in Newquay. An old Wheel boy, Alf was a pioneer of the Northern scene. We had many great times, laughs, scary times and close shaves. R.I.P our old buddy.

Details of funeral arrangements are awaited

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Sad, sad news indeed. Alf was a top top bloke and will be sorely missed, I remember (well remember is too strong a word) his stag do, I recall full ball and chain garb and an incident with industrial sized cling film, a lamp post and a naked man outside Berties nightclub in Newquay. Condolences to his family and friends Rest In Peace Big Man 

John Nightingale

Social source share

As soldjer6 Stated , One Of The Early Pioneers Of " The Classic 60's & Northern Scene " - Prominently " The Top Twenty/Holinwood & Twisted Wheel Followed By

Everywhere Possible ? , Recollect He Purchased Every Copy Of " Trampoline " & " Chills & Fever " From Ashton And Other Local Record Stores ! , If You Wanted Either You Had To Pay ALF's Prices .   Often Seen Runing Away( With Mate RONNIE ) From " Willie Herbert " On Picadilly Station- To Avoid Being Mugged/ Taxed /Rolled !

ALF's Younger Brother " Willie " Was The Dj At " The Bower Club " ( Stalybridge Celtic Football Club ) Last Seen Him @ An Early WHEEL Revial Do  ,  Shortly After He 

Passed Away ( Due To Long Term Illness )  .   I'm Sure ALF Will Be " Up-There , Trying To Sort Some Sort Of DEAL "  R.I.P. My Good Man .  From (B.D.S.) .

Social source share

he was one of the top boys in the day I had been speaking to him on and off for the last couple of years and listening to him they were not easy times for him what with his illness and his sad personal life over that time ,he was in   touch with me a few days before his death asking me to find the value of a record he was interested in, our great friend swish (Robert Patrick on facebook ) could tell you some great stories about alf

god bless alf no more pain now

sammy

Edited by sammy seaman
Social source share

Spoke to him on the phone last year when he bought about a dozen off me. He told me of his problems but we talked for a while. Old Skool Soulie even remembers Harrison Hoist in Earby, my home town.

Sad news indeed.

My condolences go out to those close to him.

Ian

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!