Guest Dan

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It surely IS the Detroit group on La Salle, had quite a few fooled, and some still refuse to admit the Utopias on LaSalle is the white group pictured here, stupid buggers.

Social source share

I hate the IMO stupid term "blue eyed", far from all white people have blue eyes (I have green for instance), why not just say it is a white group/artist? I know it is a name that has been used a lot, but still.

Social source share

It surely IS the Detroit group on La Salle, had quite a few fooled, and some still refuse to admit the Utopias on LaSalle is the white group pictured here, stupid buggers.

link

I didn't think it was them because I thought it was a MALE group so don't include me in your stupid buggers (please) :graynone:

Social source share

I didn't include you, don't worry, it's just that this has been debated before and some people refused to agree they were white despite being shown the pictures and David Lasley's website and other compelling evidence, a bit like clinging to the theory the earth is really only 6000 years old and the dinosaurs and all that is just a hoax :lol: . I originally also thought it was a male group of young boys, didn't most people really think this was the case? I never thought they were white either, not that I ever stopped to think about it, and not that I could not imagine they were white, but still, the thought never crossed my mind. When I first heard the other side though it got me thinking a bit.

Social source share

Plus it's another of those records that nobody would be interested if it was as common as Don't Be Sore At Me or similar

link

You're probably right. I always thought it was a fairly nice falsetto pop/soul effort, no more, no less. "Don't Be Sore At Me" is a far superior soul and northern soul record IMO.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

It looks like a still from the 'fabled and long lost' Russ Meyer movie

'Girls Are Against Me'.

This is the scene where the girls take the poor country boy into the desert, tie him up and 'make him a man'. All against his will of course :lol:

Social source share

Yep, now I remember  :lol:

link

did anyone ever listen to those unissued utopia tracks that were avail on a cd from that site a few years back

yeah ? what were they like

can remember when first posted it up had someone very interested in them ( two werent there)

i thought about getting it .. and that was all I did

Social source share

Plus it's another of those records that nobody would be interested if it was as common as Don't Be Sore At Me or similar

link

Without a doubt - DBSAM is a fantastic record for a tenner

Never heard it played anywhere, though I know it has been, which is ridiculous

GAAM is a good nighter record though

David Lasley's website is quite amusing, btw

Social source share

I hate the IMO stupid term "blue eyed", far from all white people have blue eyes (I have green for instance), why not just say it is a white group/artist? I know it is a name that has been used a lot, but still.

link

How many 'black' artists are actually black, Christian? As in the colour of your brogues, or of my car, or of vinyl?

It's just a phrase, mate

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!