Topics On Manships

"Ridiculously RARE and fantastic Soul Sam spin from a band, you may think have delighted soul fans with every recording they have ever made. But these 5 guys are a totally different group, that perhaps explains the "impossible to acquire" status it has earned since its discovery several years back. Maybe one of less than 4 known copies in the UK".

Might be only 4 in the UK, but there's a box load of them here in Bakersfield! :huh:

Seriously. :shades:

Edited by recordwanted
Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Ridiculously RARE and fantastic Soul Sam spin from a band, you may think have delighted soul fans with every recording they have ever made. But these 5 guys are a totally different group, that perhaps explains the "impossible to acquire" status it has earned since its discovery several years back. Maybe one of less than 4 known copies in the UK".

Might be only 4 in the UK, but there's a box load of them here in Bakersfield! :huh:

I don't think the seller will thank you for your comments, because in the UK there is certainly very few in the UK and I know he paid huge money for it.

Bit puzzled, I can't see what your trying to gain from saying there is a box full.. how big's the box? If you get them to England quickly I can change the description to only 104 in the UK. :huh:

Social source share

Well stick one on the decks, convert it to MP3, and post it on here so we all can enjoy it! :huh:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Which Topics 45 are we talking about here?

PLMK

Steve

Answering me own question - it's 'Man' (just checked Johhny's site) which is a difficult 45!

It's also on the LP 'Wanted, Live by a million girls'

THE track to play (imho) is another track on the LP called 'Rose'............didn't come out on 45 though (to my knowledge?)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Answering me own question - it's 'Man' (just checked Johhny's site) which is a difficult 45!

THE track to play (imho) is another track on the LP called 'Rose'............didn't come out on 45 though (to my knowledge?)

Cheers

Steve

Steve, "Rose" did come out as a 78!! a guy in India has just e-mail me to say he has a a boat load of them, but hasn't told me how big the boat is....John
Social source share

Steve, "Rose" did come out as a 78!! a guy in India has just e-mail me to say he has a a boat load of them, but hasn't told me how big the boat is....John

:D John, are you sure that he hasn't made a boat out of them????? I of course will be checking your auction again and pointing out all the ones that i have up in my attic in quantity etc without obviousy allowing you to peek, you bad man :D lol

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Might be only 4 in the UK, but there's a box load of them here in Bakersfield! :D

Seriously. :D

Is this the one with a hazlenut in every bite?

Hat

Coat

by.....

Social source share

Six weeks or so ago I asked the Ebay seller of the Topics "man" on Token 45's how many he had using the "ask seller a question" thingy. Anyway he said that he only had a handful. How big his hands are I don't know. However, I also did an Ebay search on completed items and if I remember correct it only came up with about 7 copies including the 3 he was listing at the time. After those sold he stopped. Then there were the two offered here on SS around the same time.

So perhaps if John changes the wording to "Maybe one of less than a handful of known copies in the UK" then he's probably covered.

If more turn up is yet to be seen, or perhaps that's it......? :D

Social source share

Six weeks or so ago I asked the Ebay seller of the Topics "man" on Token 45's how many he had using the "ask seller a question" thingy. Anyway he said that he only had a handful. How big his hands are I don't know. However, I also did an Ebay search on completed items and if I remember correct it only came up with about 7 copies including the 3 he was listing at the time. After those sold he stopped. Then there were the two offered here on SS around the same time.

So perhaps if John changes the wording to "Maybe one of less than a handful of known copies in the UK" then he's probably covered.

If more turn up is yet to be seen, or perhaps that's it......? :D

Agreed must been at least 10 copies going to uk just this year.. Flipside is, to my understanding a fairly known sweet soul track in Japan where it along with the album has been collector items for years. Of course a rare 45 but to hint that there is less than 5 copies is just ridicilous.

Social source share

4 or 5 copies....25 copies....10 to the UK........christ, however mnay copies still a seriously rare record.

If stuff like Bill Bush and Cashmeres are priced well into 4 figures for records that number many more than the Topics what does that make something like the Topics worth? :D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Agreed must been at least 10 copies going to uk just this year.. Flipside is, to my understanding a fairly known sweet soul track in Japan where it along with the album has been collector items for years. Of course a rare 45 but to hint that there is less than 5 copies is just ridicilous.

You see, I should go on to E-bay and see whats happening, but don't get the time. The owner suggested it was a 3 or 4 known .. and when I brought a copy back from Bakerfield about 5 years back, certainly nobody in this country seemed know it..and sold it for a tidy sum to foremost collector..

I think we'll take that 45 down and hand it back.. We have so many much more interesting items waiting we don't need to auction E-bay regulars...discribed wrongly..

thanks for pointing it out,

john

Social source share

You see, I should go on to E-bay and see whats happening, but don't get the time. The owner suggested it was a 3 or 4 known .. and when I brought a copy back from Bakerfield about 5 years back, certainly nobody in this country seemed know it..and sold it for a tidy sum to foremost collector..

I think we'll take that 45 down and hand it back.. We have so many much more interesting items waiting we don't need to auction E-bay regulars...discribed wrongly..

thanks for pointing it out,

john

Hi John, think it's pretty safe to say these had dried up by now and again those who missed out on the eBay auction now have a new chance with yours. So I think that's a bit drastic, it must be ten times rarer than many £1000+ northern soul 45's. Just remove the qoute about copies IMO!

Social source share

Hi John, think it's pretty safe to say these had dried up by now and again those who missed out on the eBay auction now have a new chance with yours. So I think that's a bit drastic, it must be ten times rarer than many £1000+ northern soul 45's. Just remove the qoute about copies IMO!

I've replaced it with the Len Barry LP now, I do hope the man in Bakersfield don't have a box of these!

Social source share

I've replaced it with the Len Barry LP now, I do hope the man in Bakersfield don't have a box of these!

No Len Barry LP's here, John. Not a personal attack by any means, as I figured most had seen the copies on Ebay. BUT, it is a fact that an ex-store owner here in Bakersfield has a box full. I don't know exactly how many, but would say it's in the high double digits. Not just a handful. Just wanted to bring this to light.....

-Mike

Social source share

Really nice vocal.

Here's latest sale on Soul Source of this 45

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...3&hl=Topics

ROD

I tried to work something out for the balance of his copies (The seller from Bakersfield) and the bottom line is he is not going to sell em' cheaper, at least that was conveyed to me.

Because of that it seems its still a solid $400 record. I still have my other spare, by the way; Turned down $350 when the last ad went up!

Anyone who still needs one can still have it for $400 if interested.(See link above to contact me please)

Otherwise, even if he has more, I doubt he's gonna drop his price!!!

I know, I once tried to purchase a rare Beatles item from him that was high, and 8 years later, he still has it and WONT drop his price!!!! :rolleyes:

Social source share

No Len Barry LP's here, John. Not a personal attack by any means, as I figured most had seen the copies on Ebay. BUT, it is a fact that an ex-store owner here in Bakersfield has a box full. I don't know exactly how many, but would say it's in the high double digits. Not just a handful. Just wanted to bring this to light.....

-Mike

not a problem Edited by john manship
Social source share

Cheers

Steve

The LP ,I believe is on evilbay now saw it yesterday at $555.55 it's on the NCS label. Also in the auction is THE SUPERBS - WIND IS BLOWING, get in there my sons.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!