Cassette to MP3

Stevecee

Hi, was sure I saw a topic on this a while back, but had no luck finding a recent topic with search so..

Just got hold of a load of 'live' tapes and went to transfer them to Cd and my tape deck is no longer working, having checked it out it looks like either new belts and/or a motor will be required, so can anyone reccomend one of the purpose built converters out there, having checked a few reviews most seem to have poor mechanisms and run off USB causing speed fluctuations. Not too fussed about sound quality as these are all 15 years + old.

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have an Envivo cassette converter, paid a pricey £9.99 from Aldi a couple of years back to transfer all my tapes to MP3 and load them on mixcloud and it's done the job i wanted it to do. Can't fault it at that price and I've had no mishaps with the tapes messing up.

Just found this

Social source share

You could get a long lead and plug your music system from the earphones jack into the back of your PC's sound card input jack and use a product like Audio Cleaning Lab. Turn the volume down tho as if you try to record too high you could blow your sound card. Products like Audio lab can clean up the recordings and improve the sound quality and turn them in to MP3s and burn em to CDs.

Dunc

Social source share

14 hours ago, chalky said:

I find all those powered by usb are crap.  Needs to be a proper tape deck IMO.

The cheaper they are the nastier they are as well IMO.

How many do you have to convert Steve. I can convert if not too many to save you splashing the cash?

Many thanks for the offer  mate but there are around 40 in this box and there is another box he has but hasn't found yet. This one is Yate, Notts Palais and Wigan, the other is Stafford, Peterboro, 100 Club, should be interesting listening, was gonna convert and chuck the best ones on mixcloud so people could have a listen.

Its amazing how few people have cassette players these days, been asking friends n family, will most likely have to buy one eventually.

Cheers

Social source share

1 hour ago, SteveCee said:

Many thanks for the offer  mate but there are around 40 in this box and there is another box he has but hasn't found yet. This one is Yate, Notts Palais and Wigan, the other is Stafford, Peterboro, 100 Club, should be interesting listening, was gonna convert and chuck the best ones on mixcloud so people could have a listen.

Its amazing how few people have cassette players these days, been asking friends n family, will most likely have to buy one eventually.

Cheers

Well I can't wait to hear the Stafford one's and others from that era.

let me know if you cant get sorted and sure we can work something out. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert