Grab a Bargain... Quality List of OVO NS/R&B... Update & Big Reductions

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Some tasty tunes up for set sale here.... PM me to enquire or reserve.

Prices are in GBP and I think fair, however I'm prepared to entertain offers as long as they're not daft.  I can take payment by either direct UK bank transfer or PayPal friends/family and will return your payment if not satisfied.  Postage from Australia is extra and will be charged at cost... assume £4 for a skinny mailer or £8.50 for a more robust one.  Services such as tracking, registered, signature, insurance, etc.. will be extra.

I've described the vinyl condition in detail and have attached scans of the actual records.  You'll also be able to find all the clips on YouTube.

1) Mr Percolator - I Can't Get Enough - WAX-WEL

Traditional on-the-fours NS with great breaks and all the ingredients for the dancers, would suit DJs looking for a bit of a surprise.  Playing surface has multiple light scratches but they're all superficial and don't affect play whatsoever, grades about 7/10.  Rightly or wrongly I've totally ignored the book guide price of £1250 because that seems way too high, hence £300. NOW £250

2) Kavetts - I've Got A Story To Tell You - LENDRE

Seldom listed dancer that would go down a storm in either the main hall or the R&B room.  The Unfortunately there are a couple of scratches that produce audible clicks for the first 30 seconds.. no jumps or skips though and the clicks aren't too severe.  Without the clicks, it would grade around 7 or 8/10 and I've DJ'd with it a few times without any cringes or comments :)... £250. SOLD

3) Marry Clayton - I've Got My Eyes On You / The Doorbell Rings - TELDISC

Take your pick which side to drop the needle on.  A lot of collectors buy it for the "Doorbell" side but "Eyes" is the one for me.... uptempo NS/R&B with a fearsome sax break, again one for either room.  Condition is a good 8/10, just a few light hairline scratches... £250. NOW £200

4) Triumphs - I'm Coming To Your Rescue / The World Owes Me A Lovin' - OKEH demo

Now we're talking... full throttle 100mph Torch classic with a surprisingly soulful beat ballad on the flip, this is the label design with the "A" on the "World" side.  Condition is superb, a good 8 or 9/10 with only one or two marks visible... £200. SOLD

5) Ray Scott & The Scottsmen - Right Now / Feeling No Pain - DECCA demo

Definitely two for the price of one with this 45, careering uptempo Mod/R&B or more danceable NS/R&B cut on the flip.  Condition is close to mint, there won't be too many better than this... £200. NOW £175

6) Stratoliners - What Do You Want With My Love / Your Love - FEDERAL demo

Had a new-found lease of life since reactivated by Butch several years ago.  Both sides ooze quality with the A side never failing to fill the dancefloor.  For condition, see Ray Scott above - a superb example... £200. NOW £175

7) Sam & Dave - Lotta Lovin' - ALSTON

Barnstorming NS/R&B again suitable for either room, easily this famous duo's rarest 45 that seldom comes to market.  Coveted by Sam & Dave completists and upfront DJs alike. Condition is a strong 7/10, close to 8 with only light scratches to the vinyl... £175. NOW £150

8) Tiffanys - Happiest Girl In The World - ARCTIC demo

You could buy blind with any of the Harthon team's "Dyno Dynamic" productions and this thumping girl group dancer is no exception.  Drop the needle and watch the floorboards bounce.  A lot of these are battered but this one is in outstanding condition at 9/10... £100. NOW £75

9) Bart Jackson - Dancing Man - DECCA demo

Finally one for the enterprising DJ looking for some high quality underplayed 60s to drop into his set.  This has got to be ready to go big given the right exposure.  I can say with confidence that you'll be looking a long time for a copy in better nick than this, it could have been unplayed before my solitary spin... £100. NOW £75

Cheers & happy hunting..... Pete

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!