Crossfire Sat 7 Oct Who's Coming?

Rob Bailey

Crossfire next Saturday 7 Oct anyone from here coming?

Sat 7 October

Crossfire 8

3 rooms of musical perfection!

Main ballroom Northern & Rare Soul with Ady Croasdell, Mick H, Ady Lupton, Stuart Tyler, Pete Tebbut & Tony Smith

Boogaloo in room 2 with R&B/ Club sounds from the Mousetrap, Roger Banks, Shake, Alan H, Shotgun

Beat basement with the FUZZTONES live + DJ Dr Robert, Speed & Guests

9pm-4am @ ISH, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1 (Opp Gt Port tube station. £9 in advance/£12 otd boxoffice@229thevenue.co.uk tel 020 7323 7229

Cheers Rob

cross8_web_lr.jpg(post-2328-1159532246_t

• Replies 45
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Crossfire next Saturday 7 Oct anyone from here coming?

Sat 7 October

Crossfire 8

3 rooms of musical perfection!

Main ballroom Northern & Rare Soul with Ady Croasdell, Mick H, Ady Lupton, Stuart Tyler, Pete Tebbut & Tony Smith

Boogaloo in room 2 with R&B/ Club sounds from the Mousetrap, Roger Banks, Shake, Alan H, Shotgun

Beat basement with the FUZZTONES live + DJ Dr Robert, Speed & Guests

9pm-4am @ ISH, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1 (Opp Gt Port tube station. £9 in advance/£12 otd boxoffice@229thevenue.co.uk tel 020 7323 7229

Cheers Rob

I'm coming down on my own if I have too! Crossfire is a top night out! :thumbsup:

Guest Stuart T

See you there,Simsy!! :yes: i havent a clue where i`m from,or belong? :yes:

laugh.gif Tottenham is up north. As to where you belong, perhaps we should have a poll? :lol:

:yes: Tottenham is up north. As to where you belong, perhaps we should have a poll? :D

That reminds me of a bit from the film "Kinky Boots" A shoemaker helps a transvestite after a spot of bother in Soho. He asks him where he is from. Shoemakes says, "Northampton". Oh, from up North eh?. Northampton ent up north it's in the Midlands!. Look love, replies the Tran, Tottenham Court Road is in the Midlands! :yes: Well, it made me laugh! Anyway, I'm coming down from the Midlands! :lol:

How was it?

was pasing the floor and my toes were twitching last night, been having a few weeks off this month, just itching to get some where soon :thumbsup:

Was a good night mate, top sounds etc etc.

You been laid up?

Edited by Simsy

We had 600+ in though 100 or so were of the hairy paisley variety so don't qualify for a SS survey.

All 3 rooms were humming with quite a few travellers (I got some cheap pegs). Cardiff, Northants Leics and some old Northern heroes like Leeds' Caesar and the ubiquitous Hoss. Jerry Dammers made it and might even spin a bit of ska in the R&B room next time. Lesley's pary were suitably larey and I ducked out of the after party due to old age.

The music was a good mix of rare and party favourites and everyone seemed to be pretty chuffed. Thanks to all the DJs who really delivered, Mick was a great guest and our own Stuart T managed to deliver his first set on one deck with panache and charm.

Cheers to the crowd for getting stuck in.

We had 600+ in though 100 or so were of the hairy paisley variety so don't qualify for a SS survey.

All 3 rooms were humming with quite a few travellers (I got some cheap pegs). Cardiff, Northants Leics and some old Northern heroes like Leeds' Caesar and the ubiquitous Hoss. Jerry Dammers made it and might even spin a bit of ska in the R&B room next time. Lesley's pary were suitably larey and I ducked out of the after party due to old age.

The music was a good mix of rare and party favourites and everyone seemed to be pretty chuffed. Thanks to all the DJs who really delivered, Mick was a great guest and our own Stuart T managed to deliver his first set on one deck with panache and charm.

Really great night, some top tunes including three of my fave records of all time spun one after the other by Tony Smith, 'One way or the other', 'Philly dog around the world' & 'My little girl'!

Got to have a chat with the afore mentioned Jerry Dammmers which made my night being a big Specials fan.

This is the first Crossfire i've been to & twas very enjoyable, will deffo be back.

:thumbsup:

Simon

P.S. One small minus point, i heard the Gigi & the Charmaines out for the first time & i still think it's very average, i just don't get what people see in it i'm afraid, each to their own 'an all that though.

One of the reasons I enjoy Crossfire so much is the variety of the rooms. I always get my drinks in the "hairy paisley" room as I like the music so much. The bar staff were very efficient and all in all , a great night! :thumbsup:

Guest JamesP

Great night as usual, seemed a massive crowd in compared to a few recent ones. Enjoyed music in all 3 rooms. Nice to meet up with so many people from the forums.

James

Must admit the Psych room was rather interesting especially when it spilled out into the NS room, people with beards, Mohicans, Goths all mixed in with Soulies!

:thumbsup:

Simon

Must admit the Psych room was rather interesting especially when it spilled out into the NS room, people with beards, Mohicans, Goths all mixed in with Soulies!

Simon

Si - sorry I didn't get to have a proper chat with you - was a bit messy later into theevening!

It was a good night, the only downer for me was certain elements of the sound - especially in the beat room, where the treble nearly painful

Col

Si - sorry I didn't get to have a proper chat with you - was a bit messy later into theevening!

It was a good night, the only downer for me was certain elements of the sound - especially in the beat room, where the treble nearly painful

Col

No worries Col, nice to see you out & about anyway, i'm planning to get out of Brighton a bit more so hopefully have a chat at a do sometime in the near future.

Didn't really go in the Beat Room but the sound did cut out a few times in the NS room but nothing too bad. To be honest too many djs (myself included) don't know enough about how the system works & end up turning the trebles & bass etc. up ending up with a wall of distorted sound.

:fool: whistling.gif

Simon

Guest Stuart T

And me it's on the same latitude as TCR so he's being oblique or perverse.

Or is it that I'm so dumb I was heading for the Rocket until Dave Greenhill pointed out the error of my ways and made me get off the tube at Baker Street. whistling.gif

and our own Stuart T managed to deliver his first set on one deck with panache and charm.

You missed the swearing then?

Edited by Stuart T

was it the hairy types sloshing drink all over the floor in the soul room? been to e'm all, this was definetly the wettest. wellies on order for next time. good tunes all night, looking forward to next one

Little Ian

Southside Soul Club - Saturday 11th November - O'Dowd's Function Room, Plumstead High Street London SE18. Check website for more details www.southsidesoulclub.co.uk

was it the hairy types sloshing drink all over the floor in the soul room? been to e'm all, this was definetly the wettest. wellies on order for next time. good tunes all night, looking forward to next one

Little Ian

Sorry 'bout that; the bar staff were meant to mop spillages up and the bouncers to keep drinks off the floor, we'll have an even tougher word with them next time.

Ady

Sorry 'bout that; the bar staff were meant to mop spillages up and the bouncers to keep drinks off the floor, we'll have an even tougher word with them next time.

Ady

Gotta say tho, they were swift and efficient breaking up the fight and chucking the perpertrators out! It was alos good to see the cute Polish girl in the hi vis vest getting into the music. She couldn't stop herself from dancing! whistling.gif

Gotta say tho, they were swift and efficient breaking up the fight and chucking the perpertrators out! It was alos good to see the cute Polish girl in the hi vis vest getting into the music. She couldn't stop herself from dancing! whistling.gif

You must have been on or near our table then mate! She took her time, but like you said, she just couldn't help herself in the end. :shades:

Pleased someone else saw the scuffle, thought perhaps I dreamt it.

What fight!? whistling.gif

That's how efficient the bouncers were! :shades: I saw, through half cut eyes, a couple of people having a go at each other on the rhs of the hall as you look up from the bar. I think it was a couple of blokes but like Clanger, I thought I'd dreamt it until my mate mentioned the next day. I was fairly late on, about 3am?

You must have been on or near our table then mate! She took her time, but like you said, she just couldn't help herself in the end. ohmy.gif

Pleased someone else saw the scuffle, thought perhaps I dreamt it.

alan, didn't see the scuffle? but saw security girl dancing on the steps. did you get her number?

Little Ian

also do you know if Big Ian got home

alan, didn't see the scuffle? but saw security girl dancing on the steps. did you get her number?

I only noticed her because of her Hi-Vis vest :shades:

Little Ian

also do you know if Big Ian got home

Gave Big Ian a lift home, he was great company wicked.gif:lol:

Edited by clanger