Texas, Anything There?

Gaz Simon

Im lucky enough to find myself in Texas the week after next, i will be in San Antonio for a couple of days then Dallas for a week!

Does anybody have any tips/contacts/addresses for looking for records while im there.

Unfortunately im there 2-weeks before the big show in Austin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Feel free to PM.

Cheers Gaz

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Im lucky enough to find myself in Texas the week after next, i will be in San Antonio for a couple of days then Dallas for a week!

Does anybody have any tips/contacts/addresses for looking for records while im there.

Unfortunately im there 2-weeks before the big show in Austin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Feel free to PM.

Cheers Gaz

San Antonio has a shop right outside the Alamo (not the car people) you could get lucky, I've found gems there before. But the best bit is the the town is full of great resturants, try the canal walk..!

If you PM me I have a couple of contacts in that area that area who always have good records..maybe I'll give you their telephone #s.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

San Antonio has a shop right outside the Alamo (not the car people) you could get lucky, I've found gems there before. But the best bit is the the town is full of great resturants, try the canal walk..!

If you PM me I have a couple of contacts in that area that area who always have good records..maybe I'll give you their telephone #s.

It looks like you may not have been to SA for a while, John - if it's Alamo Records you're talking about, Will has moved round the corner and across the road. Gaz, if you stand outside the Alamo you will see what used to be a big Woolworths opposite you - it's now a Foot Locker, or something like that. Anyway it's right on a corner, and the street that Alamo Records is now on is the one that it's on the corner of! It's on the opposite side of the road in a kind of antiques and antiquities mall.

You may not find much in the way of bargains in SA, though - my mate John Stainze (formerly of Moondog's), who lives in Austin and who is still a record dealer, is down there almost every weekend looking for stock and he's not the only one who is. But as John M says, it's a nice place anyway and there really are some great restaurants along the river walk that will occupy your evenings and lunchtimes nicely!

Happy hunting...

TONE :D

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!