sounds of soul all vinyl radio

sfv45s

Just announcing our internet live broadcast on saturday nights 7-10pm pacific time from southern california...

Sounds of soul radio is dedicated to a 100% all vinyl, sweet, deep, midtempo killer soul with guest collectors from down south to the bay area californian collectors...

We focus on collector history and future generation collectors from the common to the cold blooded rare...it is 3 hours of sweet soul fun as chicano collectors open up there boxes and express there taste of soul music one record after another...listen and get to know each collector as a individual and loose your mind one rola after another

Host: jason "sfv_soulero" from the san fernando valley ca. along with al "brown" from whittier ca.

Mixlr.com/sounds-of-soul56c28c848e33e_2016-02-1009-12-51.thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

47 minutes ago, sfv45s said:

Just announcing our internet live broadcast on saturday nights 7-10pm pacific time from southern california...

Sounds of soul radio is dedicated to a 100% all vinyl, sweet, deep, midtempo killer soul with guest collectors from down south to the bay area californian collectors...

We focus on collector history and future generation collectors from the common to the cold blooded rare...it is 3 hours of sweet soul fun as chicano collectors open up there boxes and express there taste of soul music one record after another...listen and get to know each collector as a individual and loose your mind one rola after another

Host: jason "sfv_soulero" from the san fernando valley ca. along with al "brown" from whittier ca.

Mixlr.com/sounds-of-soul56c28c848e33e_2016-02-1009-12-51.thumb.j

Essential listening for the real soul fan, link posted in Low Rider thread by Soulfulsevens

Kev

Edited by kev cane
additional info
Social source share

Latest instalment from Saturday night was another belter, some fantastic Sweet Soul played by the guys with Anthony Santana and Sigs guesting in the studio, don't know how to copy the link but Jakob (soulfulsevens) has posted it in the Lowrider thread so you can listen to the show and the 2 previous shows, really is a refreshing thing the Jay and Al are doing here, inviting collectors in to play their tunes and tell their stories, very interesting and music to die for

Kev

Social source share

On 2/28/2016 at 08:26, kev cane said:

Latest instalment from Saturday night was another belter, some fantastic Sweet Soul played by the guys with Anthony Santana and Sigs guesting in the studio, don't know how to copy the link but Jakob (soulfulsevens) has posted it in the Lowrider thread so you can listen to the show and the 2 previous shows, really is a refreshing thing the Jay and Al are doing here, inviting collectors in to play their tunes and tell their stories, very interesting and music to die for

Kev

Many thanks for the shout Kev, we had a blast!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, soulfulsevens said:

Last show was a trip. Niteowl man... He took us all to school innit?

He sure did Jakob, great story, what a character, answered all the questions on how the collecting in California evolved early days to how it is now, fantastic stuff, Jay and Al got something really unique going down with this show, Victor Vasquez in town from San Jose for the next show, he has some great stuff, they,ll have a blast in that studio, that's for sure

Kev 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

https://mixlr.com/sounds-of-soul/showreel/

For anyone who enjoyed Bob,s (oh how we miss him) Sitting in the Park shows then this is a must for you. Just listened to the latest instalment using the above link and can honestly say it was one of the best Soul music shows I have ever heard, Victor Vasquez guesting from San Jose and as expected he played some absolute gems, loads new to me and the one's I did know I love anyway. Fantastic stuff Jay, Al and Vic

Kev

Social source share

Good day to all soul lovers, going down today sounds of soul radio welcomes, josh whittemore....a diverse collector in sweet, midtempo, northern and just about everything...tune in and get a chance to hear all about josh and the story behind his collecting

1458188655219.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, sfv45s said:

Good day to all soul lovers, going down today sounds of soul radio welcomes, josh whittemore....a diverse collector in sweet, midtempo, northern and just about everything...tune in and get a chance to hear all about josh and the story behind his collecting

1458188655219.jpg

At work all weekend Jay, will catch up with it on monday

Kev

Social source share

On 14/03/2016 at 12:50, kev cane said:

https://mixlr.com/sounds-of-soul/showreel/

For anyone who enjoyed Bob,s (oh how we miss him) Sitting in the Park shows then this is a must for you. Just listened to the latest instalment using the above link and can honestly say it was one of the best Soul music shows I have ever heard, Victor Vasquez guesting from San Jose and as expected he played some absolute gems, loads new to me and the one's I did know I love anyway. Fantastic stuff Jay, Al and Vic

Kev

Nice show but need to introduce each record. Is their a playlist available?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just finished listening to the March 20th edition and what a fantastic show it was and am looking forward to catching up with the ones I've missed.

I do agree though that the artists/titles should be announced so we can start hunting for the ones we want lol.

Can anyone tell me what the track was at 2.40?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This saturday night april 9th sounds of soul welcomes greg belson...tune in with us as we hang out and get blessed with some rare sweet soul gospel from a well known legendary collector... We cant wait!

Mixlr.com/sounds-of-soul

AddTextToPhoto(4-4-2016-7-52-53).jpg

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

We are at it again! Join us on the sweeter side of latin soul....2 collectors from my side of town, pacoima california! Tune in and get exposed to the soulfull sounds of latin groups popular among chicanos and lowriders....

Sounds of Soul radio!! All vinyl, all the time...

IMG_20160417_111606.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

June 18th sounds of soul radio is back at it with the "encyclopedia of soul" mr. Mike Noriega...check us out as mike does our 1st chapter in girls vs. Boys!! The rare sounds of girl groups and guy groups and answer songs..cant wait

AddTextToPhoto(14-6-2016-9-23-0)-1-1.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, sfv45s said:

June 18th sounds of soul radio is back at it with the "encyclopedia of soul" mr. Mike Noriega...check us out as mike does our 1st chapter in girls vs. Boys!! The rare sounds of girl groups and guy groups and answer songs..cant wait

AddTextToPhoto(14-6-2016-9-23-0)-1-1.jpg

Make sure it goes on to the Showreel for delayed listening please Jay

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!