Hot Tamales

Herts Of Soul

Had a friend round last night with "Hammersoul" spinning a few tunes and he pulled out this "Hot Tamales" 45 and said "Have a look on Discogs at this and see what it's worth" . I had a look and found only on a red label in this format at $99 and no "promo white label " ever listed or recorded . But there was white labels in a different label layout ! Anyone else got a copy or seen one ! Before you ask it didn't come from anyone associated with the latest "bootlegging saga" 

Thanks in Advance 

image.jpeg

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

HotTamales3.png.33659b0f12cfd63e832f10b8There were 3 different white DJ pressings of the non-affiliated Boston local release, and one of the Lond-distributed national release, and there was also a coloured promotional pressing of the London distributed national release:

HotTamales4.png

HotTamales1.jpg

HotTamales2.png

HotTamales5.png

Edited by RobbK
spelling error
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Thanks Frankie and Rob that was the red I found in the same style label , the 2nd one down (white Detroit) has obviously Detroit printed differently but the rest of the label look identical in colour and font type and size . Where the last 3 have all different centres in type,font and size ! Wonder how many different 45's there are ? 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Herts Of Soul said:

You're a more knowledgeable man than me ! What do you think on value ? It looks Vg and plays Vg+ i think , just curious really !

Sorry.  Current prices is an area of which I have virtually no knowledge.  I have not sought to purchase nor sell records since the early 1980s (at the very latest).  Even my knowledge of relative rarity is only related mainly to first hand experience in North America during the 1950s through early 1970s.  I have some knowledge of that through the late '80s. 

But for the years since then, I have little scattered knowledge of what quantity finds of full boxes from warehouses and the original label owners and producers, that made their way to The U.K. and The Northern Scene.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!