the steve karmen big band

Staceys Dad

• 3 years later...

Jimmy Radcliffe Breakaway 45
Steve Karmen writes:
In the case of Pontiac I had stretched the middle section hoping to keep it completely instrumental with no vocals at all. During the wrap up, all the singers would enter and Jim would provide the 'ad lib' fills to inspire America to recall the comercial and then rush out and buy pontiacs. At the session, my client asked Jim if he could ad lib something over the middle section about what it would feel like to be free, or to be set free or break away. What you hear is his first and only ad lib reading. After he had finished, completely bowling over everyone in the booth, my client was seized with the desire to script and improve upon Jim's ad lib. But of course, the performance we used was the first one, because it was the best and most honest.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

45 minutes ago, jim g said:

One for the OVO experts

Should the Pontiac single be the one played at the OVO nights as it was our before the UA release. 

The one pictured below is my copy 

0CAB6822-B14E-4161-AF2F-3D997F5C9CEE.jpeg

Yeah, we'll just tell United Artists and Steve Karmen etc we aren't allowed to play the record 🙄

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Among his better known works are the New York State song, "I Love New York", the jingle Here Comes the King for Budweiser, the Hershey's chocolate jingle The Great American Chocolate Bar, the Exxon Song Energy for a Strong America (1976), and Wrigley Spearmint Gum / Carry The Big Fresh Flavor (1973). He also composed several music scores for motion pictures during the 1960s, and performed briefly as a Calypso singer, achieving some recognition in Trinidad during that time. Karmen is the recipient of 16 Clio Awards.

Steve.jpg

Steve 2.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Yeah, we'll just tell United Artists and Steve Karmen etc we aren't allowed to play the record 🙄

I know daft isn't it ! OVO is a cause of many an argument I guess. I posted as I was curious.

There is another saying AVA "Any Vinyl Available" 🙂

Social source share

47 minutes ago, jim g said:

I know daft isn't it ! OVO is a cause of many an argument I guess. I posted as I was curious.

There is another saying AVA "Any Vinyl Available" 🙂

OVO was never meant to not include national and foreign releases.  Its just others making things up as they go along.  

There are no sayings that are needed except no bootlegs, the rest are just for idiots.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!