Ian Gee RIP

Tezza

rip ian....put on a thread last year about not forgetting you as you were poorly ,,,didn't realise you were so gravely ill...RIP Soul Brother ..top collector,soulie and more importantly a lovely bloke,,,,many a great spot at my allniter ,,,brilliant collection and good all round guy - you will be sadly missed..... sad and gutted mark freeman....

Social source share

Ian Gee

A fine respected man,a true gent,

honest and decent,a great friend.

One of the best Northern Soul DJ's,

I will miss you playing Tamala Lewis

and Gene Chandler.

Rest In Peace Ian,you will be missed

mate and never forgotten,Ron.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I first meet Ian at the early Skegness weekenders even shared an apartment with him at one of the Butlin's Soul weekends. I use to bump into Ian just about everywhere I went on the scene a few years not seen him for some time now. Ian did loved his old school Northern and as Nige said he loved WDJ promos always remember selling him a Philippine's WDJ promo of Undisputed Truth "You Got The Love I Need" he was chuffed to bits he was so proud of his records. 

Ian was proper Northern Soul character who will be greatly missed!   

Social source share

Guest Bygones

We knew Ian in the late sixties he was a true friend and a gentleman lost touch then re kindled our friendship many years ago you could walk into a soul venue and knew Ian was on the decks the room was alive everyone dancing great nights and weekends together our family will sadly miss the the God father of. Soul rest now Ian take your time spin your favourites we are thinking of you Dek sue and family 

Social source share

Saddened to hear the news of Ian's passing. Shocked and upset. He'll be missed by hundreds of soul fans. A warm, kind and gentle man, always pleased to see friends old and new. An absolute treasure never to be forgotten. Ian will have a special place in our hearts for the charitable fundraising he carried out in memory of Alison Parkinson. Our thoughts are with his family at this time. Ian was loved by the soul community for his dignity and generosity of spirit. He was also a top quality DJ who's headline was guaranteed to fill any venue. Rest in soulful peace.

Chris and Louise.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!