Paul Bennett....Very sad news

Guest NASHEE

I've just had a phone call from our friend Leon Oddsocks, letting us know of the passing of Paul Bennett. I've spoken to his partner Nicole, and she asked if i would post on here and Facebook to let people know.
Paul was a lovely guy, who lived for his music, and he will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
I will post up funeral arrangements as soon as I know..cant write more..very sad day.

Here are the funeral arrangements..Nicola sent me the following email

Hi Linda

Paul's funeral has now been arranged as follows:

Day: Monday 14th March 2016

Time: 10:30am

Crematorium:  Oakley Wood Crematorium, Bishop's Tachbrook, Royal Leamington Spa, CV33 9QP

After the service a toast to Paul will be made at the:
The Leopard,
Oakley Wood Road,
Bishops Tachbrook,
Leamington Spa,
Warwickshire,
CV33 9RN

Flowers are for close family and Paul's daughters would like donations to the The Brain Tumour Charity at the service.  I would be really grateful if possible for all Paul's friends on the scene if they wish to make a donation then please would they be so kind to make it to Coventry Myton - where Paul and myself were looked after and cared for  right to the end - the staff at Myton treated Paul with utmost respect and dignity and their ongoing support to myself since Paul's passing has been heart warming and truly amazing. Please contact myself direct if you wish to make a donation to Myton Coventry and I will arrange.

I would be really grateful if you could let as many of Paul's friends know through either facebook or Soul-source of the funeral arrangements as it would be really great to see as many faces as possible there on the day.  

Should anyone have any questions on how to find the crematorium then please forward them to me and I will try to direct them as much as I can.

Thanks for all your help with posting on Facebook etc 

Also I was thinking about perhaps organising a RNB/Northern/Popcorn/rockabilly :-) night somewhere in the very near future so we can all see Mr Bennett off in true style!! 

Thanks

Nic xxx

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will miss you Paul, always enjoyed out meet ups at our layby near Bromsgrove where we'd swap records and chat away.  You even came down to see me when I was in St Leonards On Sea I remember. Paul was a lovely bloke who went back years, massive knowledge about records and soul music.  I may have been confused about the instructions as I was told not to mention this on Facebook or social media by his partner but maybe she changed her mind later in the day so I apologise for not posting it up yesterday.

Social source share

Guest Baby earl

Had the pleasure of knowing Paul and DJing alongside him at shakedown in Stafford and at my 50th birthday bash,He had a great knowledge and passion for his music and always enthusiastic. Sincere condolences to Nicola and Paul's family. RIP Paul..

Social source share

Guest NASHEE
Here are the funeral arrangements..Nicola sent me the following email

Hi Linda

Paul's funeral has now been arranged as follows:

Day: Monday 14th March 2016

Time: 10:30am

Crematorium:  Oakley Wood Crematorium, Bishop's Tachbrook, Royal Leamington Spa, CV33 9QP

After the service a toast to Paul will be made at the:
The Leopard,
Oakley Wood Road,
Bishops Tachbrook,
Leamington Spa,
Warwickshire,
CV33 9RN

Flowers are for close family and Paul's daughters would like donations to the The Brain Tumour Charity at the service. 

I would be really grateful if possible for all Paul's friends on the scene if they wish to make a donation then please would they be so kind to make it to Coventry Myton - where Paul and myself were looked after and cared for  right to the end - the staff at Myton treated Paul with utmost respect and dignity and their ongoing support to myself since Paul's passing has been heart warming and truly amazing.
Please contact myself direct if you wish to make a donation to Myton Coventry and I will arrange.

I would be really grateful if you could let as many of Paul's friends know through either facebook or Soul-source of the funeral arrangements as it would be really great to see as many faces as possible there on the day.  

Should anyone have any questions on how to find the crematorium then please forward them to me and I will try to direct them as much as I can.

Thanks for all your help with posting on Facebook etc 

Also I was thinking about perhaps organising a RNB/Northern/Popcorn/rockabilly :-) night somewhere in the very near future so we can all see Mr Bennett off in true style!! 

Thanks

Nic xxx
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time visitor to this site it is so sad that my first ever post has to be under such circumstances.

I first met Paul when along with Merv (tin tin) and Michelle , he was running Shakedown at the White lion in Willenhall.

Right from the first meeting he was  enthusiastic and friendly and open minded enough to give me and others a  chance to dj  and share our passion for the music that we love.

Any questions that I had regarding the music , he was always happy to help and would give you any information that you wanted , regardless whether it was one of his more common easier to get hold of records or  one of his many rarities. He was never precious over such things and such an attitude only fuelled my (and  others) love for the music.

So thank you Paul for many great music filled nights. So sad that we'lI never get to see you behind the decks again , sporting your latest natty  hat and filling the place with those incredible tunes.

Peace to you and your loved ones.

Nigel.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!