Rarities on ebay that keep disappearing

Quinvy

It's a difficult one Phil. I suspect the seller had an idea of what price he/she wanted to achieve and if as you say somebody makes an offer that at least matches what they were after then they're happy and the so is the buyer - unfortunately it's the others like yourself that also want the record who were bidding on it that get left out.

With the use of sniping software and the number of seconds that a snipe can be made before the end of the bid going even lower now, does the seller ever really achieve their best price now. It's perhaps no wonder that we are seeing more and more people creating their own auctions outside of eBay.

Steve

Social source share

You have to ask yourself why you wernt the one who made the offer instead of waiting for the auction to end, especially if its a long term want. 

This happens pretty regularly and you cant blame the seller. You never know the poor sod might need it for med bills over there in the states. 

Social source share

42 minutes ago, TRICKY said:

Never mind the med bills its an auction. There are rules and yet again the Bay lets people flout them.I wouldnt end an auction i had started. Still iv always been a twat!

Right On Tricky. It's unprincipled to end an auction before time. Probably unprincipled to ask the auctioneer to end the auction early. Would be better for all to have a highest 'Buy It Now' price to avoid sharp practice but then we would never have any bargains.

Social source share

I know Ebay doesn't encourage early auctions ends. But is actually against their rules?

Here in Germany law overrules Ebay. Meaning the moment you end an auction early the highest bidder becomes the winner. If seller refuses to sell you the item at your bid you can sue them for loss of profit. There are some nasty court decisions against german Ebay sellers.....

Social source share

Sorry to hear about your misfortune on epray.  That sucks.
I very much like our regular customers who stop by and dig through the warehouse.

You folks need to come to the USA some time, and just get some records.

I work for a record company that has been around since 1946.

We've got boxes, of unplayed soul, r&b, blues, funk, zydeco, cajun and many other genres of old store stock.

we prefer discogs, or this web site compared to ebay.. quite frankly.

don't really use them too much... we don't feel the need to auction them.

we prefer set sale methods.

Edited by VinylvilleLA
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!