New Eli "Paperboy" Reed Track, "Hold Out" just released, album in June

6 minutes ago, elipaperboyreed said:

Hey all,

Figure I'd give you a heads up that I've released a the first track, "Hold Out" from my new album My Way Home that'll be out June 10th. This will also be the b-side of a 45 that'll be out for Record Store Day, April 16th. I'll have UK and European Tour dates soon!

Sounds great! Is there any chance I can get hold of a copy of your new 45 aside of the Record Store Day which is a pretty stupid game? Cheers!

Social source share

"hold out" seems to be a version of old gospel tune that goes "I promised the Lord that I would hold on - 'til he meet me in Galilee!". i have a great version by Sensational Twilight of Brooklyn Gospel Singers (or something like that). 

awesome interpretation of it!

Edited by ljblanken
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yeah, 'Hold out' is an amped up version of a gospel cut from back in the day. The whole LP is heavily draped with gospel influences, and as somebody who has already heard the whole set, I can say it really is a powerhouse recording.

Seriously, this is gonna turn some heads this year, both in execution, song writing, performance and production.

Watch out, as they say! 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The Paperboy has been turning heads with his studio & live work for a good number of years now. Both back in his Boston days & even more so since he relocated to NY. He used to get involved with the live soul gigs staged by 60's artists held in Brooklyn .... I'm sure there's many a good tale he can tell about his work with 'soul legends'. He's also a 'really decent kind of chap' & owns a great record collection. 

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Fantastic tune Eli, can't wait for the new album and UK tour.  I used to chat to you sometimes on the old Yahoo Southern Soul group back in the early 2000s and have followed your career since more or less the start.   I didn't know much about the music back then and to be honest a lot of guys on there sneered at a young-ish guy wanting to get into the music deeper, but you and a few others were really helpful.  I recall that you were in Chicago at the time and used to see Jerry Butler and Fontella Bass around town amongst others.  Great to see you having success!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!