Favorite Song From-The Moments

'Rain in my Backyard' comes close, kicking falsetto vocal toward the end

Nine Times, love it when you think it's on the way out but then the sax break kicks in and takes it to another level

Even love top-ten-tastic 'Jack in the box'

But for me it's 'Sweet sweet lady', like something beamed down from another planet - guitar riffs too Isleys but sublime strings and harmonies - the last minute possibly my favourite in any 45 - headphone heaven :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout
6 hours ago, Kegsy said:

I always liked this, its the one people always forget when talking about the Moments.

Without a doubt my favourite Moments track and it looks so cool as a WDJ as well

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout
2 hours ago, stateside said:

Sweet Sweet Lady is my favourite, although I do like Look at me I'm in Love with the French Version on the flip and "Love on a two way street" with this on the flip on UK London. Seems to be the same backing track as Lezli Valentine

Kev

Not just same backing, same song.......

Social source share

1 hour ago, ik001 said:

Is this the same Moments or is my ignorance for all to see? (If so this has to be their best outing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3yYSAz7V4 

A female on lead but it was before the STANG Moments signed with Stang. Possibility then that she was with the guys in 67 & they were backing her up.

However, most members of the group came out of earlier outfits so I doubt that they were involved. 

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Another one for me, although it's from the Ray, Goodman & Brown period is the sublime "Another day" 

Social source share

For me its just got to be "Nine Times" absolutely timeless and I can even remember where I first heard it, The Golden Lion on Bradshawgate in Bolton and the dj was Paul Johnson.

Regards Fred                                                                                                                                                                     

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!