DODGER R.I.P (From Grantham/ Sheffield)

We have been bracing ourselves and yesterday we received the news that we were dreading that our great friend, the best man at our wedding and one of the real characters and jokers from the northern scene has also lost his battle with his illness. Always happy with his lot in life right up to the end. Dodger (Roger Taylor) thank you for being a great friend. This comes so soon after Alf Hockaday and Stephen Cassiday, it seems that our generation is fading away. Our love goes out to his sister Trudy, his daughter Katie and Pauline his ex partner. R.I.P. from Gill and Richard  xxxxxxxx

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Very Very sad news to hear of Dodger's passing.  A real character on the scene and as I remember always a nice experience to be in his company.

condolences to his family. R.I.P. 

Fred&Jacque Ward                                     

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

Didn't know Dodger to the extent of the people posts above, (he was that generation pre mine) but I did meet and muck a bout within those circles on several occasions, enough for Dodger to have a lasting affect on my involvement within the soul scene. As been said a man of outstanding character, mad as a wasp (I mean that in the most respectful way) a true fully paid up man of the scene again gone from us way to early, and you have to say that the rare soul scene was and is made up from those type of guys. Bless to the family x Gilly

Social source share

Really sad to hear this news. Met Dodger a couple of times in the Soul circles and always enjoyed my time around him. R.I.P.

Can I also in this thread pay my respects to another long time Soulie, and a regular at the 'Leeds Central' Alldayers over the past 5 years.
Melv Kaye (Speedy) sadly passed away suddenly this week and will be fondly remembered by all who knew him.
Condolences to his close family and his relations.
R.I.P. Melv and Dodger, you will both be sadly missed.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Hadn't seen Dodger for many years but I have great memories of times spent with him at various places in the 70's. Museum Hall, Selby when he came up with Alan Day, the Torch, 76 Club and many more.   Rest in peace old friend . Strange that this follows on from us hearing last week that another very close friend, Dave Thompson had passed away in 2006, without anyone knowing. What a terrible few weeks, along with Alf and now Melv Kaye.. 

Social source share

Guest Soundslikelew

Dodge was my best friend throughout our secondary school years at Charles Read ( Corby Glen) our friendship was forged in the first year, and lasted the rest of our school days, ( and beyond ) we were always there for each other no matter what, I would often bike to Bitchfield at night ( his dad used to give us Strawberry pop from the pub) and he would bike to Colsterworth, 

He introduced me to Northern Soul on a trip to the catacombs at Wolverhampton, had not got a clue what the music was as not heard anything like it before, but my love of Northern remains to this day.

Sadly we lost touch in the mid seventies and I never saw him again, the love and friendship we had in our teen years, will never be forgotten.

i am deeply moved and saddened by his passing, and my deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

rest in peace Dodge, you will be missed by all. 

Regards, your bestest old mate,

Aid Lewis xx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!