AWWW FORGET THIS POST

link

problem is that the pics are in bmp format

which is not one of the acceptable ones -

try and convert it to jpg or gif

both formats work better and area loy smaller

in pic software normally choosing "save as" from the menu is way to do it

Social source share

Wasn't Lynne Randell a honey!? If memory serves, was she a Miss World contestant/Miss Australia or somesuch?

As an aside, back in '73 a mate of mine found the most beat up CBS demo of this in a junk shop. The merest mention of it's existence back in his box caused a bidding war at Wigan, and a skinny kid in yellow jumper wanted to hitch a lift on our mini bus back to Worcester that Sunday morning - just so he could could get his hands on it. My mate thought he'd be disappointed in the condition so we hightailed it back to the Midlands without the disappointed DJ.

Whatever happened to Kev Roberts anyway?! ;-)

PS Mate eventually swapped said knackered demo for a clutch of fine records including a Landslide issue and a Brice Colefield demo.

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

Just before this topic dies completely, couldn't resist this one. Especially as he was mentioned on another thread a couple of weeks ago when he was on "Nutters who rule the world" or something similar.

I'm sure I remeber Soul Sam playing Chris Cerf covered as "Len Barry - Turn Off The Music" about a million years ago.

post-1918-1101646451_thumb.jpg

Godz

Social source share

donna_loren.JPG

Another Northern Legend - I believe that Blowing Out The Candles has been played in some circles as a Northern record- what next!

link

on Donna Loren - theres a track from one of her films up here in the "whatcha think",

it didnt get vinyl release as far as know though there supposed to be a more uptempo on a lp by some other beach film type - names gone

of all stuff have heard by her best thing by her maybe ?

mucker reckons is very similar or even based on another well known track, name of that gone as well

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/myalb...hp?lid=96&cid=4

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Re Donna Loren, they used to play "90 day guarantee"-Capitol, by her at Wigan, of course.

BTW there's always Anne "Crook his little finger" Heywood, and Barbara Mcnair.... shades.gif:thumbsup::thumbup::D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!