INSANE TONY GALLA cracked

Stanley

I saw this myself presently $709 with two plus days to go I wasn't sure where to post it seen some daft prices for stuff but this tops it all 

Must be a rare one in two pieces

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I saw this today whilst browsing.... It's bewildering... I don't call that a crack... It looks like it's actually snapped! and doesn't even look like it would play!!!!  I wouldn't let that anywhere near my turntable! Who in their right mind would pay hundreds for any 45 in that condition.

s-l1600.jpg

Social source share

30 minutes ago, Soulskate70 said:

I saw this today whilst browsing.... It's bewildering... I don't call that a crack... It looks like it's actually snapped! and doesn't even look like it would play!!!!  I wouldn't let that anywhere near my turntable! Who in their right mind would pay hundreds for any 45 in that condition.

s-l1600.jpg

Bloody Hell! :ohmy:

Social source share

6 minutes ago, stanley said:

i,m wondering if i should crack a few  45,s in the collection that i,m not to bothered about and advertise them as GOT TO BE RARE  IN THIS CONDITION !!! and just wait for all the bids to roll in....bonkers isn,t it .

George. Will they be cracking up over you. ? :P Hope your well my friend. Will be definitely up  for the last Night at the Ukrainian club April 9th. Be great to see you again.

Steve

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

George. Will they be cracking up over you. ? :P Hope your well my friend. Will be definitely up  for the last Night at the Ukrainian club April 9th. Be great to see you again.

Steve

yeah , i,ll be there 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

At one time you could tell what was going on with records on eBay. But the ridiculous over the top precautions taken to prevent people from buying "off" eBay means that people can get away with all kinds of "shady" behaviour. I used to know who was buying what and from whom, but it's impossible to tell anymore. They have even stopped you clicking on the items that have been bought in people's feedback.

Pathetic! I don't use it anymore.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

The only reason I can see anyone really wanting to own this is to say they have "Tony Galla" in their box.... Show it off in its sleeve, then quickly pull out a pressing and place it on the deck so they don't ruin the stylus forever!

Social source share

Guest db121

Yes it's all going mad. I blame the jocks that just want to play the same old played out tunes like this and Salvation,Jeanette etc. They don't deserve gigs just playing the safe path and probably don't even like most of what they play.

It's a bonus for the more astute jock and dealer  who's now dumping these tunes on the over inflated market.

Edited by db121
Social source share

1 hour ago, db121 said:

Yes it's all going mad. I blame the jocks that just want to play the same old played out tunes like this and Salvation,Jeanette etc. They don't deserve gigs just playing the safe path and probably don't even like most of what they play.

It's a bonus for the more astute jock and dealer  who's now dumping these tunes on the over inflated market.

Ha-ha.....I thought you were being derogatory to the Scottish...."I blame the jocks"...was gonna say I read the play lists from Scotland and theres some good stuff being played....it wasn't until the 2nd paragraph the penny dropped!....back to the topic....absolute madness...as mentioned I presume there gonna try a repair job....what will it play like afterwards?...interested to know....not for one minute would I go near it...but would it play through with perhaps a light click every turn? Got no idea......thank you Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

I've had a Seven Souls Okeh Issue since the early 80's somewhere down the line I pulled it out of it's sleeve and it was cracked, repaired with tape on the flip side but it play's with a slight click, never bothered to replace it, when I let most of the big stuff go from about 2004 onwards I just couldn't offer a cracked record for sale it just does not seem right, I actually think no matter how rare the record is if it's cracked then it has no collectable or sellable value, still got the Seven Souls in my odds and sods box lol

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes it seems crazy to me that anyone would bid that much for a cracked record.

But remember most average people would think it crazy to bid any more than say £10 for any record, even in mint condition!!  So if the buyer thinks it's worth it !!!!!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

1 hour ago, solidsoul said:

Yes it seems crazy to me that anyone would bid that much for a cracked record.

But remember most average people would think it crazy to bid any more than say £10 for any record, even in mint condition!!  So if the buyer thinks it's worth it !!!!!!

I agree. We've become conditioned to spending vast amounts on records and think nothing about it. Even a 100 quid record is pretty much considered a cheapie, how mad is that?

But that crack is bonkers :rofl:

Social source share

I paid £3, 2 years ago, for Robert John, "Raindrops Love and sunshine" with a clean break, right through the vinyl, stretching around 1/3 of the diameter. I carefully flattened it on the edge of my kitchen worktop, applied my palm to it quite heavily, then sellotaped the non-play side. It now sounds like a clean, unbroken NM c.£35 copy. Effecting this kind of repair is always going to be a high risk, as there's no way of knowing in advance about the peculiarities of a break and how it's going to turn out. So IMO this pricing is insanity.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

George -

Its back up again

Tony Galla - issue

The Buyer must of had second thoughts and it wasn't a dream -back on sale bargain $52.00 - lol

eBay item number: 381585958537

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!