THE STRANGELOVES - NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

• 1 year later...

1 hour ago, deadwaxdetective said:

Fills the floor at Gloucester soul nites? !!!!! I've not been out for a while, might just make it a while longer.Staying-in.......It's the new going-out!!LOL.Les Ash,Gloucester.

I shoud les ,

prob not your scene anymore .

Social source share

bout as black as the antartic, a certified piece of shite if I ever heard one, yeah its white garage but that's not the problem its just poppy and twee and has that certain something that will appeal to BTB's (baggy trousered bastards) which means it wont appeal to me or anyone with an once of soulful taste or interest in black music, just imho.  

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Once again the weird. And strange  wonderful fascinating world of this thing called soul music. suppose you could call it  northern but then again  you can call it what you want ?  mod favourite in my book , end of the day  it's bloody music  oh well back to me talking loud compilation c/d, now that's what l call music  but then again ?🎶🎶🎶🎶😱🎭

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Just had a thought ! Anyone heard a record by Michael Henderson called in the night time  any one wanna discuss it ? now that's what l call soul music  .  ktf  🎶🎶🎶👍👌

Social source share

Just how annoying can it get when records like this are assosiated with a site called Soul-source. The vocalist could be Jagger and the backing track could be duplicated by a four year old in four seconds. Nothing to do with soul and left well alone by soul fans who know what good nothern consists of.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 5/2/2017 at 02:21, SOULMAN62 said:

Been played in the north west for over 12 months, great record for a aussie band

They were definitely NOT Aussie! They were three Brill Building writer/producers from NYC, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer, whose names have turned up occasionally on soul records, but mostly on girl group stuff like the Angels.

Goldstein went on to found Far Out Productions, which was behind War's music. Gottehrer was one of the founders of Sire Records.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

The rumor that the Strangeloves were from Australia was started by their record company. According to the "I Want Candy" album liner notes,

the group "hails from the backlands of Australia, a wild and uncivilized area....". 

The album version of "Night Times" is a bit longer than the 45 version- coming in at 3:05 ,the 45 runs 2:29.

Social source share

1 hour ago, clevesoulie said:

They were definitely NOT Aussie! They were three Brill Building writer/producers from NYC, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer, whose names have turned up occasionally on soul records, but mostly on girl group stuff like the Angels.

Goldstein went on to found Far Out Productions, which was behind War's music. Gottehrer was one of the founders of Sire Records.

Best,

Mark

Those names are on several Northern classics such as Dean Parrish's Boom 45's and Ray Pollard's The Drifter.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!