THE STRANGELOVES - NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

Sunnysoul
Followers 0

Posted

In Anglo American's latest list ,  the comment goes like this 

"THE STRANGELOVES NIGHT TIME ( BANG )  Massive current all nighter spin ... "

So is this really a massive all nighter play all over the country at the moment ????

soul source url
Social source share
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 18
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bout as black as the antartic, a certified piece of shite if I ever heard one, yeah its white garage but that's not the problem its just poppy and twee and has that certain something that will appeal

I'VE REMOVED MY COMMENT BUT WOULD STILL LIKE TO MEET UP WITH YOU SOMETIME  (THIS BASTARD) ...

Just how annoying can it get when records like this are assosiated with a site called Soul-source. The vocalist could be Jagger and the backing track could be duplicated by a four year old in four sec

Posted (edited)

It's certainly getting a few plays nowadays at alot of "northern" / RnB nights around the Notts./ Yorks. area... 

Edited by lincsmod1970
edit
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Getting a few plays in the Wolves area too. Personally i think it's awful!!

Alan C.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Fills the floor in gloucester and wales soul nights

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Great record, but no business being played at a soul night imo

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Fills the floor at Gloucester soul nites? !!!!! I've not been out for a while, might just make it a while longer.Staying-in.......It's the new going-out!!LOL.Les Ash,Gloucester.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's a Garage stomper, I'm surprised it wasn't played at Wigan (or was it?). Personally I love it.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, deadwaxdetective said:

Fills the floor at Gloucester soul nites? !!!!! I've not been out for a while, might just make it a while longer.Staying-in.......It's the new going-out!!LOL.Les Ash,Gloucester.

I shoud les ,

prob not your scene anymore .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Been played in the north west for over 12 months, great record for a aussie band

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Big Steve Thomas play in North Wales. Filled the floor at Up For It Saturday.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

bout as black as the antartic, a certified piece of shite if I ever heard one, yeah its white garage but that's not the problem its just poppy and twee and has that certain something that will appeal to BTB's (baggy trousered bastards) which means it wont appeal to me or anyone with an once of soulful taste or interest in black music, just imho.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I'VE REMOVED MY COMMENT BUT WOULD STILL LIKE TO MEET UP WITH YOU SOMETIME  (THIS BASTARD) ...

Edited by MOPSEY
soul source url
Social source share
Guest Spain pete
Posted

Once again the weird. And strange  wonderful fascinating world of this thing called soul music. suppose you could call it  northern but then again  you can call it what you want ?  mod favourite in my book , end of the day  it's bloody music  oh well back to me talking loud compilation c/d, now that's what l call music  but then again ?🎶🎶🎶🎶😱🎭

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Spain pete
Posted

Just had a thought ! Anyone heard a record by Michael Henderson called in the night time  any one wanna discuss it ? now that's what l call soul music  .  ktf  🎶🎶🎶👍👌

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just how annoying can it get when records like this are assosiated with a site called Soul-source. The vocalist could be Jagger and the backing track could be duplicated by a four year old in four seconds. Nothing to do with soul and left well alone by soul fans who know what good nothern consists of.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 5/2/2017 at 02:21, SOULMAN62 said:

Been played in the north west for over 12 months, great record for a aussie band

They were definitely NOT Aussie! They were three Brill Building writer/producers from NYC, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer, whose names have turned up occasionally on soul records, but mostly on girl group stuff like the Angels.

Goldstein went on to found Far Out Productions, which was behind War's music. Gottehrer was one of the founders of Sire Records.

Best,

Mark

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The rumor that the Strangeloves were from Australia was started by their record company. According to the "I Want Candy" album liner notes,

the group "hails from the backlands of Australia, a wild and uncivilized area....". 

The album version of "Night Times" is a bit longer than the 45 version- coming in at 3:05 ,the 45 runs 2:29.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, clevesoulie said:

They were definitely NOT Aussie! They were three Brill Building writer/producers from NYC, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer, whose names have turned up occasionally on soul records, but mostly on girl group stuff like the Angels.

Goldstein went on to found Far Out Productions, which was behind War's music. Gottehrer was one of the founders of Sire Records.

Best,

Mark

Those names are on several Northern classics such as Dean Parrish's Boom 45's and Ray Pollard's The Drifter.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

They also recorded as the Sheep for Boom. You might know their version of "Hide and Seek".

Best,

Mark

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. Strangeloves, Night Time
    Record Wants by Paddywack on Mon 10 Oct 2016