Dee Dee Sharp - Standing In The Need Of Love - matrix numbers

Hi there

I have a copy of this on Cameo Parkway C-375 (I Really Love You b/w Standing....).

I know (or think!) this record was booted at some point, so I wondered if someone could please tell me the matrix numbers that appear on the original? I'm wanting to move my copy on and wanted to check that it's the original.

Many thanks
Jon

IMG_7230.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have only L.A.'s Monarch pressing with me now, and my duplicates are in another country. so I can only provide this info:

The Cameo Catalogue # is engraved in:   straight left:   2-word stamped script masterer company name (like Bell Sound or Sheldon -  but I can't make it out)  3/4 inch to the right and down (lower left):  C  375-B    1/2 inch to right at bottom: stamped Circle with "R" inside (a Monarch designation)  1 inch to right ((lower right):  Delta # 59686  -  x   The x is only on the "B" side -not on "A".

On my Cameos from that period from the same East Coast plant as your issue's font, I have only C - 375 B engraved ( C - 375 A - R)  engraved on the other side , and stamped script Bell Sound, and another stamped entry.  The latter is hard to read, but it looks like:  *2012  but the numbers are on an Italic slant,  with *2011 on the A side.  So, 2011 and 2012 are pressing plant order numbers from this different plant, analogous to Monarch's Delta numbers.

A boot won't have stamped entries.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Yes, mine are like that, too.  The angle on the stamper was off.  They should have caught that and re-set it.  I can't recall where Audio Matrix was located, but it was somewhere in The East.

So, your copy is DEFINITELY a genuine original pressing.  I can't imagine why anyone would have booted that record, as "I Really Love You" was a big, big smash hit, with thousands of copies in circulation.  They were always very easy to find.

Social source share

17 hours ago, RobbK said:

I can't imagine why anyone would have booted that record, as "I Really Love You" was a big, big smash hit, with thousands of copies in circulation.  They were always very easy to find.

Nor I, there always seemed to be loads of copies going cheap here in the UK as well!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!