Felice Taylor - Captured By Your Love - was it booted?

Hi there

I picked up a copy of this many years for dirt cheap and something tells me that it might be a boot. However, I can't find anything on the web proving or disproving this, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows if it was booted?

My version is on Kent with K-448-1 and K-488-2 scratched into the respective run-outs.

Cheers
Jon

IMG_7239.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I can't see why coz it was always easy to pick up copies (especially UK President copies). As her earlier Pres 45's were UK pop hits they will have pressed up many many copies in the UK ... PLUS ... her UK success would have encouraged US Kent to press up lots & promote this 45 back home. 

She wasn't well loved in US soul circles as her UK success went straight to her head & she became a bit of a diva .... BUT ... I'm sure Kent would still have got behind this 45 ... maybe Ady has an insiders view (from old US paperwork) on what US Kent did with regard to her releases. 

Social source share

That looks like a legitimate issue to me.  Although the engraving scratched in could have been either K- 488 - 1 and K - 488 - 2, OR, K - 488 - A, and K - 488 - B from 2 different pressing periods, despite BOTH runs having K - 488 - 1 and K - 488 - 2 printed on the labels.  The A/B designations seem to be the 2nd press run or a first press run in a different plant.   But, I really doubt that yours is a boot.  If it is, they did a terrific job on reproducing the colour and printing quality (thickness and line consistency).

Social source share

18 hours ago, Roburt said:

I can't see why coz it was always easy to pick up copies (especially UK President copies). As her earlier Pres 45's were UK pop hits they will have pressed up many many copies in the UK ... PLUS ... her UK success would have encouraged US Kent to press up lots & promote this 45 back home. 

She wasn't well loved in US soul circles as her UK success went straight to her head & she became a bit of a diva .... BUT ... I'm sure Kent would still have got behind this 45 ... maybe Ady has an insiders view (from old US paperwork) on what US Kent did with regard to her releases. 

We had a thread on here some time ago speculating on what happened to her ... whether she is still alive ...

Social source share

6 hours ago, sunnysoul said:

We had a thread on here some time ago speculating on what happened to her ... whether she is still alive ...

I would GUESS that she was dropped by her record company. No other label signed her & without any new records, her live gigs dried up. 

No doubt she met some man, got married, had kids & turned into a housewife / mother. A musicians life doesn't jell with family life, so no doubt when she returned to work, she took a normal 9 to 5 and moved on (never returning to singing except perhaps in church).  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert