Id This Tune

alison

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Roger Banks had one for sale a while back on his list, but i asked him about it last Lifeline..already sold, great sound Ali, have seen it on e-bay...hang in there you'll bag it.

Brett

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Paid £125 for my Can't get him off my mind a couple of months ago. But with my track record that probably means it's a £50 record

Both sides are great, largely due to the fact that both sides are identical.

Social source share

Paid £125 for my Can't get him off my mind a couple of months ago. But with my track record that probably means it's a £50 record

Both sides are great, largely due to the fact that both sides are identical.

link

Sure I've seen this as high as £150 Andy, great record and getting popular by the looks of it.

Social source share

Sheryl Swope on DUO...What a class record!

Actually I got this record at age 10, in a big box of unplayed miscellaneous 45s that a girl gave my father back in 1982. He let me have them all to myself, as he wasn't really interested in them. At the time, I was more into the 50s sound and not really checking out much soul at all. And it's only circumstantial that I held onto most of that stuff, as I had it tucked away in a climate-controlled attic. Then 10 years later, when I matured into soul music more and was learning about northern, I decided to go up to the attic and sort through through that box to see what was in there.

Here are a few singles I pulled out (all UNPLAYED!)

1. Can't Get Him Off My Mind-Sheryl Swope-DUO-got me interested in the productions of Bridges, Knight and Eaton, AKA Brothers of Soul. Really made a strong impression on me.

2. Bessie Girl-Bobby Eaton(b.o.s.)-ZODIAC

3. Sugar-Isonics-KAMMY

4. Determination-Fabulous Apollos-VALTONE (white demo)

5. Half a Man-Howard Tate-VERVE

It's like I had bonds in the bank and waited for them to mature. It was a great jump start to a very nice soul collection, too.

But, there were a few other times where, in the 80s, I got a hold of some nice soul records that turned out later to be northern. I regret letting one of them go in particular. It's "The Big Change" by Anna King on Ludix. I used to have a stone mint copy of this record and I let it go in a trade years ago for some doo wop or something else other than soul. To this day, I 've never come across the record and I don't remember what it sounds like at all. If someone could post a sound file, I'd greatly appreciate it.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Sheryl Swope on DUO...What a class record!

Actually I got this record at age 10, in a big box of unplayed miscellaneous 45s that a girl gave my father back in 1982. He let me have them all to myself, as he wasn't really interested in them. At the time, I was more into the 50s sound and not really checking out much soul at all. And it's only circumstantial that I held onto most of that stuff, as I had it tucked away in a climate-controlled attic. Then 10 years later, when I matured into soul music more and was learning about northern, I decided to go up to the attic and sort through through that box to see what was in there.

Here are a few singles I pulled out (all UNPLAYED!)

1. Can't Get Him Off My Mind-Sheryl Swope-DUO-got me interested in the productions of Bridges, Knight and Eaton, AKA Brothers of Soul. Really made a strong impression on me.

2. Bessie Girl-Bobby Eaton(b.o.s.)-ZODIAC

3. Sugar-Isonics-KAMMY

4. Determination-Fabulous Apollos-VALTONE (white demo)

5. Half a Man-Howard Tate-VERVE

It's like I had bonds in the bank and waited for them to mature. It was a great jump start to a very nice soul collection, too.

But, there were a few other times where, in the 80s, I got a hold of some nice soul records that turned out later to be northern. I regret letting one of them go in particular. It's "The Big Change" by Anna King on Ludix. I used to have a stone mint copy of this record and I let it go in a trade years ago for some doo wop or something else other than soul. To this day, I 've never come across the record and I don't remember what it sounds like at all. If someone could post a sound file, I'd greatly appreciate it.

KTF

Jas

link

Ann King was a Guy Hennigan spin at Stafford Jas....covered as Marjorie Black. I also played this out during the 80's and hardly heard it since I sold my collection. See it on list farily often over here, should be about £80 IMO but it is rising to £100/£120 in some cases. Great record and a soundfile on it's way unsure.gif

Social source share

Is that the same label as Jo ann garrett....One woman...... Thinks there are some other good tracks on the label as well  unsure.gif

link

Yep,

7450 Jo Ann Garrett One Woman I'm A Now Girl (Do It Now)

7451 Sheryl Swope Can't Get Him Off My Mind How You Feel

7453 Sheryl Swope Run To Me Are You Gonna Do Right This Time

7455 Jo Ann Garrett I'll Always Remember Get Back

7456 Sheryl Swope One Moment Meet Me

7459 Oncoming Times If You Had My Love What Is Life Without Love

7462 Jo Ann Garrett Can You Deal With That Tell him I Love Him

Social source share

Yep,

7450 Jo Ann Garrett One Woman I'm A Now Girl (Do It Now)

7451 Sheryl Swope Can't Get Him Off My Mind How You Feel

7453 Sheryl Swope Run To Me Are You Gonna Do Right This Time

7455 Jo Ann Garrett I'll Always Remember Get Back

7456 Sheryl Swope One Moment Meet Me

7459 Oncoming Times If You Had My Love What Is Life Without Love

7462 Jo Ann Garrett Can You Deal With That Tell him I Love Him

link

Also Jo Ann Garrett - Little Brown Letter on Duo7454 B which is an occasional play.

Social source share

Also Jo Ann Garrett - Little Brown Letter on Duo7454 B which is an occasional play.

link

Great tune, heard this out somewhere recently, I think Hammy plays it? I've got a fairly wrecked copy of One Woman, nice tune too and quite like the funky-ish B side.

Is Anna King the same singer as 'Mama's Got A Bag of Her Own'?

Rach

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!