Sam Fletcher Multi Coloured Vinyl

Pat

I was out at one of our local little clubs last night & 1 of the D.j's played a multi coloured vinyl copy of Sam Fletcher on Tollie which appeared to have all the correct numbers & looked to be absolutley original . Anyone know anything about these?

Cheers Alan C.     

Sorry Ishould have said I' think it over

Edited by Pat
Additional Information
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

chalky said:
does that include the multicoloured Sam Fletcher? I thought they were pretty rare with just a few of each done?

Sam_Fletcher___I_d_Think_It_Over___Tollie_Multi_Coloured_Boot.jpg

Quite a few of the coloured & multi-coloured vinyl boots & all pretty scarce.

Sam fletcher, James Lewis, Pointer Sisters, Eddie Foster spring to mind.

Any more?

Social source share

I think you're a little early with the cutoff for Vee Jay and colored vinyl. A copy of "At My Front Door" (1955) on red vinyl is on collector's frenzy.

I've seen "Up On The Mountain" by the Magnificents (1956) listed in price guides as being available  red vinyl. 

Edited by the yank
Social source share

25 minutes ago, the yank said:

I think you're a little early with the cutoff for Vee Jay and colored vinyl. A copy of "At My Front Door" (1955) on red vinyl is on collector's frenzy.

I've seen "Up On The Mountain" by the Magnificents (1956) listed in price guides as being available  red vinyl. 

Both of those releases were mega hits.  I was around, collecting in 1955 and 1956.  I don't remember hearing of regular, original press runs of those 2 on red vinyl.  I wonder if those were special releases by VJ for the oldies market, or even bootlegs?I do remember 2 El Dorados releases in 1954 which had red vinyl pressings. 

Social source share

18 minutes ago, the yank said:

The seller describes "At My Front Door" as an "original U.S. pressing on red vinyl " and someone paid over $5700 for it- I would

hope it's an original.

I've never seen an "Up On The Mountain" on red vinyl but it's listed as existing in this format.

It must have been the start of a press run at a single pressing plant that ran out of red plastic, or was just using up the end of their red stock and then just switched to black.  I wonder which plant it was?

Social source share

The label looks real enough, with proper aging.  The opaque colour of red-orange is quite different from the more clear and darker red used on "Baby It's You" by The Spaniels and the 2 Early El Dorados,, and the same that was used also for Chance, Parrot, JOB, United and States Records.  I've never seen this plastic on a Chicago early '59s 45.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert