Tutti Hill When The Going Gets Rough

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, jez bishop said:

Afternoon Ady - Most interesting . My copy (AR - 1012) has 'When the going gets rough' on flip.  Never seen the other title. What a mystery. ' Baby Take It Slow ' slightly issued then?

Cheers,

Jez

Exactly, that's 3 out of 3 so far. The good news is When The Going Gets Rough might be unissued. Thanks

Social source share

I don't have a stylus right now, and my sound system is in storage.  I don't know anyone near me that has a record player.  I am almost certain that my copy plays "When The Going Gets Rough", otherwise I would remember that this record in my collection was an anomaly, having a misprinted label.  I've had the record since 1964.  So, surely I would have remembered the misprinted label.  I never knew anything about a misprint on that issue.  I'd have been looking for years (and remembered looking) to find a pressing with the "real" be side if I would have had a misprinted label.

Social source share

11 hours ago, RobbK said:

I don't have a stylus right now, and my sound system is in storage.  I don't know anyone near me that has a record player.  I am almost certain that my copy plays "When The Going Gets Rough", otherwise I would remember that this record in my collection was an anomaly, having a misprinted label.  I've had the record since 1964.  So, surely I would have remembered the misprinted label.  I never knew anything about a misprint on that issue.  I'd have been looking for years (and remembered looking) to find a pressing with the "real" be side if I would have had a misprinted label.

Nice try Robb, but I'll need it confirming before I could say it exists as such. Are you sure the light scratching says 420? Mine looks a bit that way but I don't think it actually is; it's more like two numbers on top of each other.

Social source share

49 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

Nice try Robb, but I'll need it confirming before I could say it exists as such. Are you sure the light scratching says 420? Mine looks a bit that way but I don't think it actually is; it's more like two numbers on top of each other.

It's really hard to read at ANY angle, even in the best lighting.  I can't really make out anything certain other than the "4".

Social source share

It's probably been 50 years since I played the "B" side.  I LOVE "He's A Lover", but was indifferent about the flip.  So, maybe it was "Take it Slow", after all.  But, I must admit that upon hearing "Take it Slow" on the link above, it didn't ring a brell, at all - as if I've never heard it.  But, if I had a gun to my head, based on what everyone else has said, I'd guess that mine probably is the misprint, just like the others.  Mine does NOT have the 1.95 with LS under, nor the large "O".

8 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

Same here Rob, another reason why I'd love you to find a record player. I'd have thought it would have been a priority for you!

I just have no time to deal with buying a new cartridge and stylus, and setting up my equipment to play records.  I work more than full time (probably70-80 hours per week)  on my cartooning work, for Dutch, Danish, Swedish and German Disney (and with a business partner's animation firm (in Munich), and live in 5 places through each year (The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada and USA)  and am quite busy when in each place.  So, I mainly listen to CDs and music on You-Tube (or copied from You-Tube).  I don't have time to make the difference in sound quality worth the effort to play my records.  Most of what I have on record is available to me on You-Tube or digital sound files, or CDs.   

Social source share

14 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Well hell,just dug mine out & it plays "Baby Take It Slow" instead of WTGGR?

Has the -2 scratched in the run out.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Martyn

PS Has "He's A Lover" had any sort of plays over the years,brilliant tune that should be massive imo.

Early days of 6ts and the last but one Soul Prescription. It's gonna be promoted to a 100 club last half-hourer now too!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert