News: Soul Junction is Runnin Wild with the Scott Three

Chalky

Randolph's daughters band of the 1990's, his daughters are in the middle....

12993531_1145502145481826_961785813391788947_n.jpg

12990984_1145502358815138_1104844729718993235_n.jpg

and upon reading this Randolph said 

"This is awesome, I truly appreciate this even though my Brothers are not here to celebrate I and eternally grateful, THANKS! !"

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Great write up as always! Have loved dancing to this record over recent years when lucky enough to hear it out amongst other similar things. The break and vocals, pauses etc has just got it for me. Impossible to find an original, let alone one in decent nick, so this official SJ release is sounding brilliant at home for me this last week or two and good for Randolph to see that people still appreciate what he and the group did all those years ago. Nice one. Steve

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Hiya, just want to say excellent review and it's great to see tunes like this available, hope people play it out. Yep original is rare but who cares, get it on the decks to support more stuff like this.  Cheers

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Brilliant record - I was lucky enough to get my copy some years ago & played it out down south as an unknown for a fair while - the first person that I ever heard play this was Steve G at Filthy Soul.  Kudos for making this available to all, another great release from SJ.

rUSS

• Helpful 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Russ Vickers said:

Brilliant record - I was lucky enough to get my copy some years ago & played it out down south as an unknown for a fair while - the first person that I ever heard play this was Steve G at Filthy Soul.  Kudos for making this available to all, another great release from SJ.

rUSS

Thanks Russ. I got it at Cleethorpes 2006 from John Anderson. At the time it was a lot of money, but asking about it no one seemed to know it, and it got its first plays from me at least at Crossover venues, and the Beds / Herts do's I DJ'ed at back then. It's been a much requested record ever since and is very popular both at Xover and rare soul events.

Great news that SJ are putting it out.

Hope you are well Russ. 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I remember it well Steve, because you played the Double O Demingos in the same set, I was with Dave Abbott & Jason & turned & said 'One day....they will be mine'...oh how they laughed lol....but yes, I did get both in the end....I have been offered very serious money for the Scott Three over the years, from some very high profile DJ's, but never considered letting it go, so pleased that the group & record will now gain greater recognition & every home can have one....

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!