WOL—How much should it affect value? Leroy Taylor

Garethx

How much should this degree of Writing on Label affect the value of this particular 45.

It's an unplayed copy of Leroy Taylor "Oh Linda" on a Brunswick yellow DJ copy. The vinyl is completely flawless but the marker on the Oh Linda side obscures the catalogue number. 

What is a fair, up to date value for this copy? Thanks in advance for any input.

Leroy 01.jpeg

Edited by garethx
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Price for this copy £70 to £80 in my opinion.

It's not too bad and most collectors could live with it. 

It could be worse, it could say somebody's name!  

Excellent tune, I have always liked it.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

6 hours ago, garethx said:

How much should this degree of Writing on Label affect the value of this particular 45.

It's an unplayed copy of Leroy Taylor "Oh Linda" on a Brunswick yellow DJ copy. The vinyl is completely flawless but the marker on the Oh Linda side obscures the catalogue number. 

What is a fair, up to date value for this copy? Thanks in advance for any input.

Leroy 01.jpeg

Hi gareth...i'm 100% sure this was once my record!...i think i got it off Pat Brady one night at the infamous Carlton Club in Normanton...can't remember what i paid at the time or what i sold it for...but like i say 100% sure i was one of its previous owners...

Dave L

Social source share

absolute beautiful track.. got that certain... "Smile"!  and that SAX break!!!  :-)))

worth 70-100, paid £70 for a mint issue,  love Brunswick demos and Issues, they just feel good dont they...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

What if the writing on the label is someone's autograph? My copy of Is This the Way to Treat a Girl by the Hesitations has their signatures on it (albeit the current group, which features one original member), and I also have a Dan Penn single on Atlantic autographed by the man himself and a copy of Robert Knight's Everlasting Love signed by the song's co-writer Buzz Cason.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!