Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles - original 7" releases

Below are variations of "I Believe In Miracles" 7"  releases issued around the world during the 70s .  

Anyone confirm where the last one comes from ? Jamaican possibly ?

Are there any others I haven't included below ?

RARE JACKSON SISTERS i believe in miracles PROPHESY funJACKSON SISTERS on Prophesy ~ Soul Funk 45 break ?Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles - 45 - POLYDOR

Jackson Sisters 'I Believe In Miracles' UK Mums (S MUMS 1829) 1974 M-/CS V.RAREFunk 70's soul * JACKSON SISTERS  I Believe in MiraclesJackson Sisters:I believe in miracles/Day in the blue:UK Mums:Northern SoulR-1052922-1324140890.jpeg.jpg

Edited by sunnysoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Also love writer Mark Capanni's blue eyed (original) version on Capitol but I know some people think it's utter shite. There was a thread on here a while back with Ian Dewhirst singing its praises. I've got a warped copy that needs blue tack and a drawing pin to play properly but well worth the effort :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 4/22/2016 at 10:23, Chris Turnbull said:

Also love writer Mark Capanni's blue eyed (original) version on Capitol but I know some people think it's utter shite. There was a thread on here a while back with Ian Dewhirst singing its praises. I've got a warped copy that needs blue tack and a drawing pin to play properly but well worth the effort :D

I still love it. It's just such a great song and I prefer the production on the Mark Capanni original to the Jackson Sisters version (which I had multiple copies of in the 70s and couldn't give 'em away lol). For me it's just a great song period. But that Mark Capanni production is something else. And super-rare. I'd love to have one as it would fit nicely with the stuff I'm collecting these days....

Ian D :)

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Ian Dewhirst said:

I still love it. It's just such a great song and I prefer the production on the Mark Capanni original to the Jackson Sisters version (which I had multiple copies of in the 70s and couldn't give 'em away lol). For me it's just a great song period. But that Mark Capanni production is something else. And super-rare. I'd love to have one as it would fit nicely with the stuff I'm collecting these days....

Ian D :)

Ian D

I think fantastic in its own right - always need to play again as soon as it's finished :D "We'll go to Napoli, by cloud so you can see, the world I've created just for you..." wonderful

NB. interesting to see both versions used in the recent Nottingham Forest film 'I Believe in Miracles' - Jackson Sisters plays at various points throughout, then Mark Capanni at the end. Didn't think it was that well known - obviously someone had good taste :rofl:

Social source share

1 hour ago, sunnysoul said:

R-1608424-1231872489.jpeg.jpg Surely a  boot ?  It has Dorothy Morrison "Rain" on the other side .

I thought that Contempo was a legitimate label that paid for the rights to issue or re-issue material they hadn't produced themselves.  Am I wrong?  Did they actually press up and sell bootlegs?

Social source share

Both the Jackson Sisters and Capanni versions are fantastic. Capanni did write the tune, but his version was released a full year after the Jackson Sisters 45 on Prophesy. 

I've read that the Polydor 45 features a slightly different mix of the tune compared to all other releases. I've never had the Polydor 45 so haven't compared them. Anyone else?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I was told the Polydor release had a bit more high-hat than the Prophesy/Mums releases.  The polydor release was on eBay a month or so and the seller said they compared it to the the Prophesy release and couldn't tell the difference.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

8 hours ago, John Reed said:

I was told the Polydor release had a bit more high-water than the Prophesy/Mums releases.  The polydor release was on eBay a month or so and the seller said they compared it to the the Prophesy release and couldn't tell the difference.

Then it's probably just a case of slightly different mastering/processing when the Polydor stampers were manufactured. 

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

This thread has brought to light something else to me as well. I never realised the Polydor release was a full 3 years after the initial Prophecy/Mums 1973 release, the Polydor is '76. I only have the UK release Demo, it does have the great b-side though. Nice record.

Social source share

21 hours ago, Ivor Jones said:

This thread has brought to light something else to me as well. I never realised the Polydor release was a full 3 years after the initial Prophecy/Mums 1973 release, the Polydor is '76. I only have the UK release Demo, it does have the great b-side though. Nice record.

Hello Ivor.  Have had the UK demo forever.   Must have played the B side at some point - prob very quick.

Anyhow, this thread made me dig it out and REALLY listen to it.   Oh yes great.   As others have said on here also.

I'll get beat-up from Eddie if he see's this - keeps telling us all to play them (B sides)and LISTEN !

I'll need the comics down the back of trousers again me thinks.

Cheers.........................    Tom.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
4 hours ago, Becket said:

Hello Ivor.  Have had the UK demo forever.   Must have played the B side at some point - prob very quick.

Anyhow, this thread made me dig it out and REALLY listen to it.   Oh yes great.   As others have said on here also.

I'll get beat-up from Eddie if he see's this - keeps telling us all to play them (B sides)and LISTEN !

I'll need the comics down the back of trousers again me thinks.

Cheers.........................    Tom.

Nice one Tom !  You can never know it all mate, it doesn't matter who you are. Its a nice surprise isnt it finding something good tucked away you never knew you had !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!