Timi Yuro joke

Dobber

3 minutes ago, Danilo said:

Description clearly states the seller isn't sure if it's original or not.

Everyone who has that much money left to spend for a beaten up record he even don't know if it's original or not surely has more money then sense.

You are right & if any idiot wants to part with his hard earned cash & take a punt on this might be a real one that is his right but call me a cynic but does anyone put a record up on e-bay they know absolutely nothing about in this social media (he quotes he was born in 95 so live on his i-phone) times?Why would you bother?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

I'm still really confused as to how you can tell this is a fake. Like the poster before I buy a lot of records from ebay and would like to be able to spot the fakes - I wouldn't have realised this one was, which is very worrying. 

Here's a copy on discogs. https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3900044?ev=rb

Is this legit? If so, if the middle was pushed out, wouldn't it look like the record in this auction?

Social source share

Ah I see! So the issue is that the circle is perfectly round, when it should have little indents in it?

What's the yellow arrow pointing to lower part of your photo? Is that the anti-slip ring? What is that?

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil ,  is that good men do nothing!"   Simon Soussan 1975" . Totally agree all these conmen in all forms have no place in civilised society,lol Johnny.

Social source share

43 minutes ago, ianw said:

Is that the anti-slip ring? What is that?

A ridge around the label edge , pressed into the vinyl to stop two or more records slipping when played on the old record players with autochangers ... ! ... found on most UK pressings.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by WoodButcher
Social source share

51 minutes ago, conchitta said:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil ,  is that good men do nothing!"   Simon Soussan 1975" . Totally agree all these conmen in all forms have no place in civilised society,lol Johnny.

Thought this was Edmund Burke the Irish philosopher around 1770 but then again what do I know?

Mind you, Simon was a good pal in the early 70s and I never heard him quote Shakespeare or any other literary giants!???

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Julian my little literary giant its a joke irony, surely you agree these Yuros& conmen should be stopped? Discuss! Lol ,Have A great Day .Johnny.

Social source share

Absolute joke can tell a mile off it weren't proper got one in me box so should know and in truth I think they know just tryin it on very naughty nearly as bad as a very well known dj playin it on stardust lol 

Social source share

look guys , hes just an honest rogue trader trying to rip people off with a total shite copy and cover label and pass it off as the real deal as it,s for his friend who,s suffering from leprocy and is disabled.....whats wrong with that ?oh and his mother,s not feeling to good and the budgie died last week....honestly guys words fail me.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 minutes ago, stanley said:

look guys , hes just an honest rogue trader trying to rip people off with a total shite copy and cover label and pass it off as the real deal as it,s for his friend who,s suffering from leprocy and is disabled.....whats wrong with that ?oh and his mother,s not feeling to good and the budgie died last week....honestly guys words fail me.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Social source share

As this dodgy copy of Timi Yuro has just sold for £30K.................does that mean originals are now priced at £30K plus? Just asking!

Oh, anybody want my copy for £29K and I will have a courier deliver it at my cost...it's the least I can do.

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, reforee said:

As this dodgy copy of Timi Yuro has just sold for £30K.................does that mean originals are now priced at £30K plus? Just asking!

Oh, anybody want my copy for £29K and I will have a courier deliver it at my cost...it's the least I can do.

Dave

Double ZZZZzzzzz

Can't someone lock this thread - it's so incredibly unoriginal and so, so tedious. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the shame is that many new fans/collectors in future will be duped with poor imitations of the real thing. Fact is boys and girls we are all getting older and the younger buyer might not know the difference. I can't spot fake art to real art, but collectors can (the same goes with stamps). So it is only a matter of time before folks can spot real from fake..... sad, but true......

Social source share

1 hour ago, reforee said:

Dave

i,m mulling over a bid of 28k and a box of milk tray....

Social source share

Guest jbriscoe26

I found this Jackie Wilson - Because of You record for sale on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-Jackie-Wilson-Because-of-you-Brunswick-With-Original-Sleeve-/162056453815?hash=item25bb513eb7:g:GLEAAOSwIjNXJmzY 
There is a 2003 UK version that looks the same as the 1973 US version (until you look closely and see the date - which isn't easy to see in the item images) and the one for sale here is the former. Feels like this seller is trying to fool buyers into thinking it's an older version, especially with the 'Oh I'll regret selling this one!' line. 
You might say I'm being a bit cynical... anyway I'm learning quickly what a minefield the collecting business can be! Cheers.

Social source share

22 minutes ago, soulontop said:

I don't know what's funnier the price of this record or people getting wound up about it. 

:lol::lol::lol:

We all know there are a fair amount of dishonest dealers in the used record business.  that's what made me leave the active collecting pursuit.  I was sick and tired of meeting greedy, sick, dishonest chiselers, who would cheat their own grandmothers to make more money.  I met so many that it turned me off from dealing with collectors and dealers.  Too bad, because there are a lot of really great collectors, some of whom have become some of my best lifelong friends.  Too bad we can't drum those thieves out of circulation (tar and feather them and abandon them on Pitcairn Island and force them to constantly listen to Dora Hall records until the go mad and die from choking on their own vomit!)  :pirate:

Edited by RobbK
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Come on guys ' the bids on the joke record is not genuine in a million years.

The Kid who's selling the 45 got his mates to bid  bump the price up and its gone 100% wrong its never going to be paid for by anyone.

I have seen lot of jokers on ebay   but this is the biggest  one of all.

Social source share

10 hours ago, Aaron Darcy said:

Come on guys ' the bids on the joke record is not genuine in a million years.

The Kid who's selling the 45 got his mates to bid  bump the price up and its gone 100% wrong its never going to be paid for by anyone.

I have seen lot of jokers on ebay   but this is the biggest  one of all.

You've missed the point mate. It was folk on here who bid the price up to that unbelievably inflated level with the express intention of not settling and to screw up the seller's auction of this fake.

Social source share

2 hours ago, sheep said:

If you want to it the wire, pay by cheque!!!!  and when you dont receive it open a case, that woulbe be very mean

No! No! No! A cheque constitutes acknowledgement of a debt and is therefore actionable in a court of law in the event of the cheque being dishonoured. :ohmy:

I like your style and way of thinking though................. :thumbsup:

Social source share

On 5/2/2016 at 19:02, Danilo said:

Description clearly states the seller isn't sure if it's original or not.

Everyone who has that much money left to spend for a beaten up record he even don't know if it's original or not surely has more money then sense.

He or she added that long after the original ad and after comments letting the seller know it was a fake.  Some unsuspecting bidder may have assumed it was genuine, hence the heavy bidding letting know the seller was fcuking fraudster. 

Social source share

WARNING MAKING COMPLAINTS TO EBAY SELLERS CAN LEAD TO ALLIGATIONS ABOUT YOU?

Let me explain;- Over the last few years I have had strong feelings as a collector of soul about the amount of  bootlegs 2nd press re-press & whatever you call them flooding EBay, now what gets my goat is not the dealer who puts a few pressings for sale along with quality rare items, but it is those who list nothing but bootlegs putting in misleading Or basic info about the records,

I wrote to 10 sellers asking them if the record publisher, artist/s & so on, received royalties for each sale & as new records are taxes paid, to my dismay one seller dragged up my past dealings on the soul scene, I would expand on this but alas I can't, he also threatened me that he would see me at a venue,  this attitude has made me so angry as my past history received no complaints back in the days of Northern Soul, and has nothing to do with my question. it is bang out of order, but I would say that, the man is a hypocrite 1st class, KTF

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!