Alfreda Brocklington/Jesse Johnson/Eddie & Ernie

Virtually every time I hear a record for the first time I’ve got this weird habit of linking it to summat else - either another record it sounds like (or from a DJing perspective) what other record would follow it nicely.

Fairly certain I used to have a copy of AB many years ago but not anymore. Recently whilst mooching about on Youtube I was curious to remind myself what it sounded like. That intro sounds like a direct lift off summat else but could I heckers like figure out. Then eventually the penny dropped. Que second clip.

Alfreda Brocklington “Your love has got me chained and bound” (Phila Soul)

Jesse Johnson “Left Out” (OldTown)

Over the years I’ve read several times and been told by other collectors that this sounds similar to the above record. Mmmm possibly - I’m not so sure.

Eddie & Ernie “Outcast” (Eastern)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest randy

Both left out and outcast are composed by Eddie Cambell also jesse Johnson could be Ernie Johnson aka Eddie and Ernie that's why the similarity

Social source share

Sadly my copy of "left out" was stolen at St Ives in the 7ts I got it from Hammy & yet to replace it, on the opposite price range is "outcast" Eddie & Ernie what a great oldie it is and well worth a spin at a venue this weekend. KTF 

Social source share

On 02/05/2016 at 13:07, hovis09 said:

there is also an instrumental to outcast by juggy on sue called soul at sunrise and that credits one juggy h murray as the composer

Oops had completely forgotten about this instrumental to "Outcast" and to make it worse I've actually got both records tucked away somewhere upstairs.

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!