Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Maryam Snape

Band Recommendations

I'm looking for some fantastic bands to play The Night Owl in Birmingham, if you're in a soul, ska, mod, funk etc band, covers or originals who would like to play or can recommend a good one who might like to play please post below!

Looking for good standard of playing for example we have The Atlantic Players playing on 21st May but we'd also be interested in giving new acts a chance to play too.

Also I would LOVE to hear new original music (particularly soul) for my radio show The Soul Hole on Brum Radio as although I primarily play 60s and 70s I also like to give new acts airplay/support. 

:)

Edited by Maryam Snape
Spelling error

We've seen the Superskas a couple of times. West Midlands based.

They put on a really good show and are good musically and vocally. They have a male and female singer.

There's a few videos of them live on Youtube. This includes a Christmas party we attended last December when they did a cover of the Slade Xmas record to finish!!

I've got no connection to them but I assume they have a Facebook page.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup:

just seen an advert in the selby times a group on at a club in goole playing classic soul, motown, northern soul and irish now that's across the board 

kim 

On 28/04/2016 at 08:36, Maryam Snape said:

I'm looking for some fantastic bands to play The Night Owl in Birmingham, if you're in a soul, ska, mod, funk etc band, covers or originals who would like to play or can recommend a good one who might like to play please post below!

Looking for good standard of playing for example we have The Atlantic Players playing on 21st May but we'd also be interested in giving new acts a chance to play too.

Also I would LOVE to hear new original music (particularly soul) for my radio show The Soul Hole on Brum Radio as although I primarily play 60s and 70s I also like to give new acts airplay/support. 

:)

Maryam Have you come across Sarah Collins yet? She has a You Tube channel with well over 300 cover versions - many of them soul related. If you haven't seen them you will be shocked. Most of them recorded in the kitchen diner of her home and they are brilliant. :) I haven't got the exact figure but I believe she is heading towards a million views across the whole channel. I will post a link below with the most viewed at the top. Below that a cover of an early Stevie Wonder song that she did just the other day.

But most important for this post she has now put a 9-piece soul band together. They are from Yorkshire and doing some local gigs and a few scooter festivals. Do your best to bring them to Brum. Go on! At the bottom here there is a YouTube vid showing the opening number of a recent gig. Their website is http://www.keepthefaith.band/

Sarah Collins You Tube Channel - most viewed

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts