Some Warehouse Finds; Some Rare, all Mintish

Guest Classic45s

Guest Classic45s

Happy Thursday All! Some set sale items from a variety of warehouse finds, as well as the Louise Neal Collection. All prices USD. Feel free to PM or go directly to www.classic45s.com to take them home!

Ain't It The Truth/ In My Lonely Room by The Monzas
Label: Pacific 7731
Year: 1965? 
Condition: M-
$200.00

This is a new, unplayed stock copy from the Louise Neal 45 Collection. Credits on the label include "Vocal by Linda Quinlin." Note: This beautiful stock copy has been stamped as a promo, with the distributor's name as well, on the A side, though the B side is clean. The vinyl looks untouched but grades Near Mint to reflect light storage wear. The audio sounds pristine.

If You Can't Be True/ Too Bad, Too Sad by Marva Lee - ON HOLD
Label: Atco 6367
Year: 1965 
Factory sleeve included 
$350.00 -

This is an original promo copy from the Louise Neal 45 Collection, in its original Atco Records factory sleeve. Note: The A label has a pink star stamped on it (see scan), and both have a hint of storage wear. The vinyl likewise shows very light signs of prior use and storage, grading Near Mint. The vinyl has some very light surface noise audible mostly right at the beginning of the track, also grading Near Mint.

Soul Kiss, Part I/ Part II by Dizzy Gillespie
Label: Perception 1
Year: 1969 
Factory sleeve included 
Condition: M
$40.00

Note: This beautiful copy has pristine Mint labels and audio, and the vinyl grades very close to Mint.

What You Gonna Do/ Can't Get You Out Of My Mind by The Tempests
Label: Smash 2126
Year: 1967 
$42.00

Here's a beautiful copy of this amazing 1967 single, which features two dynamite Funky Soul-style dancers. Note: This copy comes in a vintage Smash Records factory sleeve. It has nearly Mint labels and vinyl (styrene), and the audio sounds pristine Mint!

Love Is Strange/ It's True I Love You by Peaches & Herb
Label: Date 1574
Year: 1967 
Picture sleeve included: M- 
$28.00

Note: This beautiful copy has nearly pristine labels and vinyl (styrene), and absolutely pristine audio. It comes in a nearly flawless copy of the release's picture sleeve.

If You Love Me, Really Love Me/ Only One Such As You by Jackie Trent
Label: Kapp 583
Year: 1964 
Factory sleeve included 
$40.00

Note: This copy comes in a vintage Kapp Records factory sleeve. I'm grading the record Near Mint overall, even though the labels and vinyl (styrene) grade on the strong side of Excellent, reflecting some bubbling and consequent ringwear on the labels and some light scuffing on the vinyl, because the audio is thankfully preserved in pristine condition... a real treat!

Love Is In The Air/ I'm In Love Again For The First Time by The Gambrells
Label: Cub 9156
Year: 1968 
Factory sleeve included 
Condition: M
$50.00

Note: This beautiful promo copy comes in a vintage MGM Records factory sleeve. It has pristine Mint labels and audio; the vinyl grades Near Mint to reflect some very light storage wear.

For Days And Days/ Trouble by Monti Rock III
Label: Mercury 72488
Year: 1965 
Picture sleeve included: M- 
$75.00

Here's a fabulous Northern Soul rarity with an especially fine A side dancer. As far as I can determine, this was the singer's only vinyl output, though he was part of the Disco Tex group in the 1970s. Note: This beautiful promo 45 comes in a Near Mint copy of the release's rarely seen picture sleeve. The record itself has pristine pink promo labels and flawless audio. The vinyl (styrene) grades Near Mint to reflect some very light storage wear.

Push And Pull (The Tom Jones)/ Terrible Train by The U-Dwi Peoples Paraphernalia
Label: BRC 102
Year: 1972 
Condition: EX+
$15.00

Note: This copy has strong EX labels, with very light ringwear (see scan), as well as vinyl, with some noticeable scuffing. Fortunately, the A side audio sounds pristine, and the B side Near Mint.

Cheri-O by Bert Hunter
Label: Elf 90012
Year: 1968 
Factory sleeve included 
$32.00

Terrific Motown-style dancer well worth seeking out! This promo copy has the same Mono version on both sides. Note: This beautiful promo 45 comes in a vintage Bell Records factory sleeve. The labels grade Near Mint to reflect very light storage wear and a "10" inked on one side (see scan of the clean side). The vinyl looks untouched, grading pristine Mint, and the audio sounds flawless as well.

I Need Somebody/ Tomorrow by Emanuel Lasky
Label: NPC 303
Year: 1964 
$45.00

Terrific and rare Northern Soul, one of this singer's earliest singles on a tiny Pittsburgh, PA, label. Note: This beautiful copy has pristine labels. The vinyl and audio grade very close to Mint.

Turn On Your Lovelight/ Determination by Dean Parrish
Label: Boom 60016
Year: 1966 
Factory sleeve included 
$120.00

Note: This beautiful copy comes in a vintage Boom Records factory sleeve. It grades very close to Mint across the board (Labels, Vinyl, Audio).

Edited by Classic45s
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply