Sales pitch?

Julianb

I sold a bootleg copy of Casanova Two on here a few weeks ago for £10

I see it is now on ebay with the seller staying he's not sure if it's an original!

Can't see how it can change from a boot to an original whilst in the post?

It's at £16 at the moment!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, JulianB said:

I sold a bootleg copy of Casanova Two on here a few weeks ago for £10

I see it is now on ebay with the seller staying he's not sure if it's an original!

Can't see how it can change from a boot to an original whilst in the post?

It's at £16 at the moment!

It happens I'm afraid Julian and there are so many dummy buyers on Ebay who'll fall for it. BTW couldn't find it, post a link ?

Social source share

8 hours ago, John Ar said:

Heres a thought how do you know that it is yours ?

Putting 2 and 2 together to get 4!  Maybe I'm wrong and it adds up to 5 bit I don't think so!

8 hours ago, John Ar said:

Heres a thought how do you know that it is yours ??

Social source share

Well it s funny the same person sold one 10 days before for £23 just a thought so 2 of those sold in last 2 weeks  and I know for fact that they have another 2 copies of this and if you wish will send you the one back you sold me if you wish

Social source share

Back in the mid 70s Bob Cattaneo (Daly City Bob) had loads of the Casanova Two on a white demo which looks similar to the one on ebay. I got quite a few copies from him and when they arrived they were fairly obviously not originals, thin vinyl and poor lettering. I complained to him that they were bootlegs. He sent me a furious reply saying how dare I accuse him of illegality and that they were genuine. I suppose he could have got them done legitimately but either way they weren't the original demo, if there was one.

I think everyone dealing with him at the time got loads of them especially the guys in the West Midlands.

Rick  

Social source share

11 minutes ago, thecivilservice said:

Speculating on whether an item is original is against eBay rules so just report these listings and eBay should close them down.

Having read about loads of dodgy listings on ebay over the years it appears that ebay don't give a flying fcuk.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!