Company record sleeves

Hi

Looking for a site which lists all company sleeves with years used for the vinyl, thought I saw a post on here which had all this on  but have tried a search but cannot find this?

Anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Daven

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

12 minutes ago, Soul-Slider said:

There was one in the UK called 45sleeves.com, that used to list all sleeves and years they were used, but that expired in March, I heard the owner died.

Yes.  That's the one I used to use.  Here's a comment on it:

"I really hope 45cat can do something to save all the hard work Erling put into his site, As well as being a useful source of information it was an invaluable historic resource for the world of 7" records, over time i have contributed to his site and as a collector of 7" sleeves from the 50s and 60s i still have the sleeves, Erling recorded the smallest differences on what might appear to be identical sleeves A real shame if all his work was lost."  I contributed to it as well.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

We also had a thread with hundreds of scans (with hundreds from myself, representing many hours of work by me) on a now defunct forum, called SoulTalk.  But, alas those threads are lost.  I still have all the sleeves and the individual scans.  But, I'll never have the time again to post them (I have other priorities).

Social source share

Thanks for info so far, I am trying to get the original covers for my records although I remove records when I buy them, I would like to be able to get all the records in the right original sleeves as I only remove to protect the sleeves, those I do not have I want to replace over time.

Once again thanks for help so far.

Daven

Social source share

20 hours ago, RobbK said:

We also had a thread with hundreds of scans (with hundreds from myself, representing many hours of work by me) on a now defunct forum, called SoulTalk.  But, alas those threads are lost.  I still have all the sleeves and the individual scans.  But, I'll never have the time again to post them (I have other priorities).

Put them on a CD, post it to me and I'll upload them for you. 

Social source share

• 9 months later...
On 5/2/2016 at 04:30, RobbK said:

Yes.  That's the one I used to use.  Here's a comment on it:

"I really hope 45cat can do something to save all the hard work Erling put into his site, As well as being a useful source of information it was an invaluable historic resource for the world of 7" records, over time i have contributed to his site and as a collector of 7" sleeves from the 50s and 60s i still have the sleeves, Erling recorded the smallest differences on what might appear to be identical sleeves A real shame if all his work was lost."  I contributed to it as well.

That ex-site is a tremendous resource, and the good news is that you can still use it! Here ya go:

https://www.bigboppa.co.uk/45-sleeves/index.html

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!