The Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

6 minutes ago, TailorMade Gaz B said:

Very rarely see the yellow issue up for sale. Is it rarer?

When I bought few as NOS in Boston some 17 years ago, I had as many yellows as greens. But looking at the sales on the eVilBay there seem to be indeed less yellows floating around. I kept my green one to fit with the other releases on Gemini.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Mark Bicknell said:

Different text, Lime green instead of the deeper green, the Gateway manufacture text at the bottom and I think it's harder to find than the yellow and other green copies.

Interesting! Just thought that colour was the outcome of Chalky's scan.

what about mine, please tell me its not a boot!

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
Social source share

23 minutes ago, TailorMade Gaz B said:

Interesting! Just thought that colour was the outcome of Chalky's scan.

what about mine, please tell me its not a boot!

My scan is the same colour as the record...it is a decent scanner.  The Lime green is the least frequent colour I've seen, rarely checked the mid green to see what is at the bottom to be honest although Mark's is tough then the one I listed.

Social source share

9 hours ago, Mark Bicknell said:

Different text, Lime green instead of the deeper green, the Gateway manufacture text at the bottom and I think it's harder to find than the yellow and other green copies.

I dwelt in The L.A. Area during 1966-72, and I've seen LOTS of BOTH  green issues and the yellow issue.  Actually, the yellow was the rarest, and I don't remember seeing that one until 1970 or so, so maybe that was a legit re-issue?

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
On 2 May 2016 at 11:35, Mark Bicknell said:

And you see this even less.

11203100_10153214525512777_4566372194857648282_n.jpg

Just gone and checked mine Mark and its identical text,colour etc but without the "Manufactured by Gateway" etc round the bottom…….identical otherwise. Never realised there were so many variations of this……..

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
15 hours ago, chalky said:

Few more for you.....

Exits- Gemini- Hear It.jpgExits-Kapp.jpgToo Much.jpgLight Drivers-Shoeshine Boy.jpgThe Multiple Choice.jpgThe New Group.jpg

Love that New Group version Chalky…….Class ! 

Social source share

On 5/2/2016 at 20:17, Triode said:

And this one perhaps?......... Also the Kapp 45 release

image.jpeg

Is that an error on the label that says the time of "Gotta Have Money" is 3.35. The 45's have it as 2.36? Or is it a "longer, extended, 12" mix"!!

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

22 hours ago, chalky said:

I'm surprised Conwell doesn't have more records to his credit, he had a fantastic voice.

Have to agree Ivor, The New Group is good.

I believe his career was interrupted by vietnam or something iirc.  Ruben will know the full story.

He has a few more records but all under different names.  Richard Temple, Smoked Sugar etc

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!