EBay non-payers

Dean

As you can't leave negative feedback for buyers on ebay (please enlighten me if you can) thought it worth a post to others to say that I've had 2 buyers not paid for items won in auction recently, and ignored all communication.

philippenriou_0 from Belgium and jalewi-42 from UK

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Dean said:

As you can't leave negative feedback for buyers on ebay (please enlighten me if you can) thought it worth a post to others to say that I've had 2 buyers not paid for items won in auction recently, and ignored all communication.

Seems to be on the rise - I have had several recently.  As you say there is no sanction - you can't leave neative feedback

Social source share

You can leave a non payment strike against their account and as a seller you can set your settings to block anyone with say 2 non payment strikes and any given time period so they cant bid.

Other than that you have to suck it up.  

Social source share

Yo

42 minutes ago, JNixon said:

You can leave a non payment strike against their account and as a seller you can set your settings to block anyone with say 2 non payment strikes and any given time period so they cant bid.

Other than that you have to suck it up.  

You can do this two days after the auction closes, and then at least four days has to elapse from then before you can close the case, and claim your final value fees.

You should also block any bidders who either refuse to pay, or delay payment for no good reason.  This can be done by going to your "blocked buyer list" under the Help screen.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Have been waiting 2 weeks now for payment, I haven't heard nothing from the buyer. I opened an unpaid item case against the buyer 4 days ago and still have heard nothing, pissed off to say the least. What does recieve final value credit mean, when does it apply, also can I relist the item again, sorry but don't quite understand, could anyone shed any light on this please, any help would be very much appreciated, sorry but I hate F*****G time wasters, regards, Joe.

Social source share

18 minutes ago, joesoul1958 said:

Have been waiting 2 weeks now for payment, I haven't heard nothing from the buyer. I opened an unpaid item case against the buyer 4 days ago and still have heard nothing, pissed off to say the least. What does recieve final value credit mean, when does it apply, also can I relist the item again, sorry but don't quite understand, could anyone shed any light on this please, any help would be very much appreciated, sorry but I hate F*****G time wasters, regards, Joe.

Joe, receiving a final value fee means that your fees for advertising/selling on Ebay will show as a credit on your next online invoice.  As four days has now elapsed since you opened the unpaid item dispute, you can now choose to either close the case and claim your fees, or keep it open.  I think Ebay close the case automatically within the space of a few weeks (I don't know how many exactly though) if you or the buyer don't take any action on it.  If this happens, then the case closes in your favour and your final value fees are credited to you.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Dean said:

No you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, you used to be able to do it but it changed some years ago. Best put a non-payment claim in, block buyer from bidding on your stuff and request Ebay selling fees back, you will of course lose your initial listing fee. Bummer I know................... 

Social source share

15 minutes ago, Gene-R said:

Joe, receiving a final value fee means that your fees for advertising/selling on Ebay will show as a credit on your next online invoice.  As four days has now elapsed since you opened the unpaid item dispute, you can now choose to either close the case and claim your fees, or keep it open.  I think Ebay close the case automatically within the space of a few weeks (I don't know how many exactly though) if you or the buyer don't take any action on it.  If this happens, then the case closes in your favour and your final value fees are credited to you.

15 minutes ago, Gene-R said:

Hi mate, thanks for that, think I understand it a bit better now, cheers.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If a buyer does not pay, why don't we start naming names, just view order details and it will give you names and addresses of the winning buyers on Ebay, who knows it may just make one or two of them sit up and think, as no doubt there will be some that are members on here. :g: As one guy said to me, I don't understand people bidding when they cant make payment, I replied I just don't understand people.

Social source share

Guest jbriscoe26
24 minutes ago, joesoul1958 said:

If a buyer does not pay, why don't we start naming names, just view order details and it will give you names and addresses of the winning buyers on Ebay, who knows it may just make one or two of them sit up and think, as no doubt there will be some that are members on here. :g: As one guy said to me, I don't understand people bidding when they cant make payment, I replied I just don't understand people.

Yes. If it's possible to see their name, name them!

Social source share

it sometimes works the other way, i won a common boot on ebay for 3.20, loads on buy it now for 10-12 quid, paid straight away, noticed the next day the the seller had refunded, tried to contact him to ask what was happening, no reply, now cant get rid of unpaid item notice,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've currently got 3 none-payers on Discogs and suffered several times on e-bay earlier this year from a couple of people who I thought would have known better. The e-bay ones were annoying because other people wanted the records at the time. I just don't get it........

Ian D

Social source share

Guest closedms

What about sellers who can't produce the goods you've agreed to purchase, I've had 3 such sellers on Discogs in the last month.

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Man from Soul said:

What about sellers who can't produce the goods you've agreed to purchase, I've had 3 such sellers on Discogs in the last month.

Well, there's that too of course. There seems to be an awful lot of mis-listing going on. Pain in the ass.

Ian D 

Social source share

On 04/05/2016 at 22:46, Ian Dewhirst said:

I've currently got 3 none-payers on Discogs and suffered several times on e-bay earlier this year from a couple of people who I thought would have known better. The e-bay ones were annoying because other people wanted the records at the time. I just don't get it........

Ian D

At least on discog you have the 'non-paying buyer' option [after 5 days] which drags down their buyer rating. I insist on a 90% or better rating and still get time wasters.

dean

Social source share

On 04/05/2016 at 22:46, Ian Dewhirst said:

Ian D

I think that's what prompted my post Ian, just don't get it. 

On 04/05/2016 at 13:44, joesoul1958 said:

On 04/05/2016 at 14:09, jbriscoe26 said:

Yes. If it's possible to see their name, name them!

I've just gone back onto my Sold ebay page to check and when i click on order details or print postage I get the following message;

The following critical errors have occurred.

ERROR - UNABLE_TO_GET_DATA_FROM_SERVICE

I would happily put their names on here if I could get them.

Social source share

To conclude,  philippenriou_0 has just paid (20 days)! If naming and shaming works on here I'm expecting some rich payback feedback!

Just an added afterthought, noticed this on the ebay advice email:

Reversals:

Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have sent the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's Seller Protection and following the trading guidelines on our Security page helps to protect you from things like chargebacks.

Ebay really does favour the buyer.

Social source share

i have someone on discogs who i contacted to let them know i either sent them the wrong record or somehow forgot to post, it so i posted it the next day. I asked him to post back anything i  sent him that was wrong and would reimburse the postage, his answer was just send me the record i have paid for. 2 days later he opens a dispute with paypal so they have withdrawn and hold the funds until dispute settled. it takes more than 2 days for post to reach the US. and he wont answer any messages, he hasnt even answered the email form paypal from the 7th, pisses me off as i know he will keep the record and then get a refund, so if someone in the US puts up a Rock Candy soon it is the re-issue one and he will try to pass it as original. i have 100% feedback on discogs the knob who bought it has 85% i should have checked.

Social source share

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 22:46, Ian Dewhirst said:

Ian D

Ian I had problems when I first joined Discogs. I had 2 non payer  against me when It had taken the money then refunded it for some reason! One was your not in sellers authority or something like that. Really bloody annoying so I very rarely use discogs now!

Social source share

59 minutes ago, Ernie Andrews said:

Ian I had problems when I first joined Discogs. I had 2 non payer  against me when It had taken the money then refunded it for some reason! One was your not in sellers authority or something like that. Really bloody annoying so I very rarely use discogs now!

I always wince a bit if I have a first order from a new buyer as they don't always know the procedures or don't have Paypal blah blah blah. I'd say that 99.5% of Discogs transactions are successful which, also co-incidentally, is my Feedback Rating......... :)

Ian D :)

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Ian Dewhirst said:

I always wince a bit if I have a first order from a new buyer as they don't always know the procedures or don't have Paypal blah blah blah. I'd say that 99.5% of Discogs transactions are successful which, also co-incidentally, is my Feedback Rating......... :)

Yeah Ian,but you didn't have the courtesey to reply to my PM on here on April 14th,threatening you with a Natwest cheque or a fist of cash for a record you had up in sales.'Cause i don't or even want to do Paypal.Strange that there are so many lovely guys on here who are more than happy to recieve my 'spondooliks' in the post. Les Ash.

Social source share

32 minutes ago, deadwaxdetective said:

Yeah Ian,but you didn't have the courtesey to reply to my PM on here on April 14th,threatening you with a Natwest cheque or a fist of cash for a record you had up in sales.'Cause i don't or even want to do Paypal.Strange that there are so many lovely guys on here who are more than happy to recieve my 'spondooliks' in the post. Les Ash.

Yep, you're absolutely right. My fault entirely. I think I'd already sold the record at that point and may have been in a frenzied state-of-mind or something. Anyway, you're right. No excuse for bad manners and I humbly apologize good sir.

PS This is the first time I've been accused of REFUSING someone's cash. I'll sell you anything mate! :)

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!