Skull Snaps Lp

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

simple question, skull snaps lp inc my hang up etc, how do you spot an original from a re-issue

Not sure if the reissues have the gatefold sleeve......if it hasn't, its a reissue. Otherwise its just going by the feel of the sleeve, white card inside cover, new looking label. Not always easy.

Cheers Girth

Social source share

simple question, skull snaps lp inc my hang up etc, how do you spot an original from a re-issue

First press the label has a 15.00mm higher ridge from the edge of the label inwards. The cover usually has a 62mm wide white sticker with red text reading THIS ALBUM CONTAINS THE HIT SONG I'M YOUR PIMP.

The sleeve is of course the gatefold BUT so is the reissue. The quality of the card the original sleeve is 0.80mm thick,

Beware of the reissues! But to be fair the quality of the artwork print resembles a repro. ..I have a reissue somewhere I'll get the thickness of the card on that and then post it on the site.

john

Social source share

First press the label has a 15.00mm higher ridge from the edge of the label inwards. The cover usually has a 62mm wide white sticker with red text reading THIS ALBUM CONTAINS THE HIT SONG I'M YOUR PIMP.

The sleeve is of course the gatefold BUT so is the reissue. The quality of the card the original sleeve is 0.80mm thick,

Beware of the reissues! But to be fair the quality of the artwork print resembles a repro. ..I have a reissue somewhere I'll get the thickness of the card on that and then post it on the site.

john

great reply john thanks for that (just measured the card on my none ridged slightly blurred, none stickered copy with a micrometer and it comes in at 0.6mm) (not calibrated in twenty seven years though !)

i asked the question in the first place as a good mate of mine bought one of these copies a few years ago and it now appears its been doctored to look old, where as mine came 100% shiny brand new , and also who would go to the expense of couterfitting or re-doing the whole lp, who did they think would buy it

Social source share

Can anyone confirm that is a sticker with I'm You Pimp, mine which I was sure is a original has the 'sticker' but its actually printed on the sleeve?

Social source share

john

John's right if you look at the fine detail on the re-issue it has a digital blur to the edges of the images and the sleeve has a gloss finish. The original has a matt silk finish. The sticker on the cover is printed as part of the artwork. Also the re-issue just looks to new, if you know what I mean.

Dave

Social source share

Hello,

One way to tell is look at the back (non-printed) side of the gatefold sleeve, where the actual LP is inserted, and you'll find that the original was just grey card and the reissue had a coated white backing ...or was it the way around?

Ask Tomo, I think he'll remember.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert