Willie Mitchell - Driving Beat EP - wotz it worth ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi All  I have a clear yellow vinyl copy of the EP. Pete Smith once told me it was a BOOTLEG, personally & with great respect to Pete & his knowledge To my eye this 100% proper matrix # identical, & quality sound, not mentioned by JM, as a Boot, saying this BOOT or Proper it's well worth getting if you see the yellow copy as it looks better? & if some people say it's a Boot enough times we all get the best looking disc half price or less, "you pays your money & takes your pick", can post picture of my Copy  if it helps, KTF Dave K

Social source share

9 hours ago, dthedrug said:

Hi All  I have a clear yellow vinyl copy of the EP. Pete Smith once told me it was a BOOTLEG, personally & with great respect to Pete & his knowledge To my eye this 100% proper matrix # identical, & quality sound, not mentioned by JM, as a Boot, saying this BOOT or Proper it's well worth getting if you see the yellow copy as it looks better? & if some people say it's a Boot enough times we all get the best looking disc half price or less, "you pays your money & takes your pick", can post picture of my Copy  if it helps, KTF Dave K

Be very surprised if it was a boot, "Champion" got released quite early on UK London.

Willie.jpg

Social source share

Hi When you look at it I have never seen so much attention making a bootleg in my life, plus HI Records was as you say covered in the UK by LONDON Records, If you also consider the fact  it's on Yellow vinyl & if a boot there was a world oil crisis at the time,  Boot or not & I say not, I need a lot more info than some verbal all be it fro m Pete, KTF 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert