Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete , that Pointer Sisters is the Demo in Vinyl isn't it, because I have the very same one , although most red and white Demos that come up for sale are almost always in styrene , as far as I can see ?

For a long time I thought the vinyl demo that you have up here for sale was a boot because the matrix numbers don't tally at all with Mr Manship's description in his Bootleg Guide, and the run out doesn't have the trademark AT in a figure 8.

Even my copy is so shiny and new , it looks like it came straight off the press ... it doesn't "feel" like a 1972 release ... even the colour on this vinyl demo is more bright pink than the usual dark shade of red of Atlantic 45's of the time ...

So I thought it was either a boot or I suspected that Atlantic in the US issued it a couple of years AFTER 1972 to cash in on the Pointer Sisters first flush of success on the Blue Thumb label.

Perhaps this vinyl Demo was just pressed by Atlantic at another pressing plant & thats why its different from the styrene ?

Mr Manship's Guide seems to suggest that the boots are ONLY of the red & black vinyl stock copies ...

Can you add any further comments on this or perhaps Mr Manship can contribute .... :thumbsup:

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

I've never seen a boot of the demo - but I actually had two mint/near mint demos this week, both are vinyl and both are from vastly different parts of the States...absolutely 100% guaranteed originals, one of them has even got the record pluggers sticker on the official A side. Run off on Destination side - A - 23116 - 4 PP AT, on Send Him Back side A - 23115 - 3 PP AT

Social source share

items sold

CINDY LYNN

CINDY GIBSON

JOEY HEATHERTON

WALTER JACKSON

POINTER SISTERS

CLYDENE JACKSON

ROSCOE & FRIENDS

BUDDY LAMP

VILLAGE SOUND

EXITS

if anyone wants an astral trip

have the same one as Pete selling--------same money

+ belgium i think issue with pic cover(Well its abstract no faces)--10-00 more :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!