REAL going rate for a Younghearts - Togetherness ?

Guest trickbag

though id answer this Chris, as no one else knows.

last one sold on a well know site went for $79 00 dollars

roughly £54.00 pounds.

atb.

ricky.

Social source share

HI All  It's been a few years now, but the Youngharts 45as far as I know had a East & West Coast issue with white Demos plus a copy crediting the Tempos, who are the same group ad a reissue as the king of harts?,(poor memory). there were at least 5 different pressings done, some are real good some are poor dating back to 1973, there is a full article on this record on soulsource so I will not go into all the finer points, however dealers would give me £10 for the better bootleg copies so make you think what people were told when buying a copy.  John Manships guide gives you the variations, Original copies are £100+.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

22 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

HI All  It's been a few years now, but the Youngharts 45as far as I know had a East & West Coast issue with white Demos plus a copy crediting the Tempos, who are the same group ad a reissue as the king of harts?,(poor memory). there were at least 5 different pressings done, some are real good some are poor dating back to 1973, there is a full article on this record on soulsource so I will not go into all the finer points, however dealers would give me £10 for the better bootleg copies so make you think what people were told when buying a copy.  John Manships guide gives you the variations, Original copies are £100+.

Yes I would agree but I've seen them sell for about £50.00 too !!

Social source share

The value is really what some one is prepared to pay at the time I feel. Have got the Soultown issue myself and they do come up for sale now and again. As for the Zea copies have had a promo and issue which I haven't seen for sale for a long time especially the Zea issue. Sold them on this site a few years ago.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

39 minutes ago, ik001 said:

The value is really what some one is prepared to pay at the time I feel. Have got the Soultown issue myself and they do come up for sale now and again. As for the Zea copies have had a promo and issue which I haven't seen for sale for a long time especially the Zea issue. Sold them on this site a few years ago.

The issue that says "The Tempos" must be worth + - £200.00 ?

Social source share

On 26/05/2016 at 13:35, Chris L said:

The issue that says "The Tempos" must be worth + - £200.00 ?

Has anyone seen a white demo that credits the Tempos?

I have only seen issues that credit The Tempos and the B side credited to The Younghearts!

I think when it was decided to change the name of the group, the labels had been printed, but were not supposed to be used!

I think someone made a cockup, and used some of The Tempos labels on one of the pressing runs by mistake?!

Otherwise if it was a proper release, both A & B sides would be credited to the Tempos, and there would be white demos like The Younghearts.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

On 26/05/2016 at 11:20, Patto said:

What would be the value for the Soultown original label release as The New Younghearts.

I think not as much as The Younghearts on Canterbury (1967), as the Soultown release was 3 years later (1970). 

Edited by Guest
Social source share

On 25/05/2016 at 21:20, dthedrug said:

i have the kings of hearts copy on zea so your memory's fine dave 

kev

Social source share

If this has been mentioned before,I apologise in advance.I notice that the Tempos copy has a running time of 3.15 as opposed to 2.45 on the Younghearts.Sad to say I,ve just timed my Tempos at 2.35, just out of interest.This would suggest the 2 tracks are one and the same? Seems a big difference in value for a name change,or is that just the collector in all of us?

Clive.

Social source share

Hi All Thanks Ken for reminding me! hope you are keeping well, you are a good man.   As for the info Clive about the timing fact of the 2 recordings, I remember buying a copy of the TEMPOS at Wigan in December 73 for £1, at that time many people from the Wheel & Torch dropped of the scene, so I had know one to tell me how rare it was, & for a few years people did not believe me about it's existence, not sure of it's value in 2016, KTF 

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

I hadn't noticed this before, I have 2 copies one has only has "Little Togetherness" and doesn't have the "A" they're both original styrene copies bought from reputable people in the USA when I was there. :g:

Younghearts1.JPG

Younghearts2.JPG

The second scan (the one above) looks like it has a moulded label - are you sure it's styrene

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Definitely one of the best and most iconic sounds on the scene ever, still my all time favorite. It reminds me of the 'Wall of sound' productions that 'Phil Spector' produced, you couldn't fit anything else into the record, it's such a full on sound. If quality of the record was anything to go by, and dancability, it should be selling for £1000 at least :-) £70 is a small price to pay for pure perfection.
Just Stunning!

Edited by Northern Soul UK
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

The SOULTOWN and ZEA releases are a bit later but are originals in their own right.They are not canterbury reissues.I Have seen the canterbury boots sell for daft money and i have seen a few copies that the owners thought were orignals but were the counterfeits.Always been a minefield on this one 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 12:55, ik001 said:

Im sorry but value and what someone is prepared to pay are totally different. The value of a record is the mean average price of sales over a particular period or where only one sale is recorded ten that would be the value. The price someone would be prepared to pay is infinite as we often see when 2 crazies get into a bidding war! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Expect to pay at least £100 for an original in excellent condition. If the record is in mint-minus or unplayed condition, you may have to pay appreciably more to secure it at auction. It is not a 'Buy It Now' record that you can pick off a shelf so be prepared to scrap for it as the competition is intense. There are two yellow label versions, one of which was thought to be a boot but actually isn't, a white demo version in two formats and a minefield of bootlegs to differentiate. As a classic top 500 tune, you will be very lucky to pick up a nice original on the cheap.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I did post this in the other thread about this record, but didn't get an answer. I thought I'd try again here:
Do the original copies have these markings please?
"Togetherness side"  "JC 67-C-506-A" there are also some letters or a name after that but they aren't very readable other than "metris" which is the last word. after that there is also a "5" all on it's own several inches from the last word.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

3 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

I did post this in the other thread about this record, but didn't get an answer. I thought I'd try again here:
Do the original copies have these markings please?
"Togetherness side"  "JC 67-C-506-A" there are also some letters or a name after that but they aren't very readable other than "metris" which is the last word. after that there is also a "5" all on it's own several inches from the last word.

This might help

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!