Dates atop M-Pac and One-Der-Ful 45s

I always thought those dates were the dates when the individual labels' logos (trademarks).  But, it appears that some printing errors were made.  I'm sure that the Jan 1963 date was One-derful's, and May 1963 was M-Pac's.  Interesting that the earlier One-derfuls have the Jan date, and the later ones have the May date, while the earlier M-Pacs have May, and the later have Jan, and ALL the Mar-V-Lus have just copyright 1963, and Midas, Toddlin' Town and Halo have NO copyright date (as do the earliest of all 3 with copyright dates,

Social source share

23 minutes ago, RobbK said:

Yes, but only those very late re-issues.  The original "Twine Time" only has C1963.

The blue background around the cloud, was the earliest, from Fall 1963.  The yellow and green was a reprint from mid 1964.  Not sure about that Du-ettes.  That's the proper design for the late '63 release, but the blue looks too "greenish".  But, now I see that using the month with the date may have been haphazard.

Social source share

Every promo copy of the Du-Ettes on collector's frenzy uses the label design I posted.

Also not all M-Pac 45's have a date on them - M-Pac #7201(blue label) - Harold Burrage- "Master Key", M-Pac #7204- Harold Burrage- "I'll Take One"

and M-Pac #7210 - "That's A Friend" have no month or year for the copyright date on the label. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, the yank said:

Every promo copy of the Du-Ettes on collector's frenzy uses the label design I posted.

Also not all M-Pac 45's have a date on them - M-Pac #7201(blue label) - Harold Burrage- "Master Key", M-Pac #7204- Harold Burrage- "I'll Take One"

and M-Pac #7210 - "That's A Friend" have no month or year for the copyright date on the label. 

None of mine have a date until 7207.  They started the date with 7207.  I think those earlier numbers containing a date were 2nd pressings.

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Mark Bicknell said:

du-ettes.jpg

As stated above, it seems that the DJ issues had different colours, and had the copyright month, when the stockers didn't.  That's the opposite of most labels, whose DJ issues are less elaborate.

Social source share

No doubt the guys @ Secret Stash UK (across on Facebook) will give you the full sp as they can be in touch with the Leaners.

See recent 'Secret Stash' article on here for more info on the site.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!