Moments Track

Can anyone shed any light on a moments track please, about 1975 and the chorus is "spending my nights like this" - not a lot to go on I'm afraid, but it is very "northernish sound" and an excellent track.

I was wondering whether it was a LP track.

Cheers....

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can anyone shed any light on a moments track please, about 1975 and the chorus is "spending my nights like this" - not a lot to go on I'm afraid, but it is very "northernish sound" and an excellent track.

I was wondering whether it was a LP track.

Cheers....

link

"I got the Nedd" same as Chuck Jackson and I think Spooky and Sue.

Yes LP only on All Platinum

Social source share

What price the Spooky & Sue version nowadays, I've had one since 79' but never see it around .......... yes I agree it does sound like pinky & perky. yes.gif

link

Don't know got mine off a mate for a £5er but think its a boot as the sound quality is pants..

:unsure:

Dave where was you Saturday Night?

Social source share

The Spooky & Sue version was booted on a Pink Belgian label 'Negram' issue, so that will explain poor quality sound on that, whereas the original was a Black issue if memory serves, on Dutch Philips with a picture sleeve.

As always, build in the 'Jamie error factor', but I think I'm not far away this time......

Spooky was a bit of a Disco geezer back in Holland in them days, and I think the collaboration was a one off.

If anyone has an original Black issue I'll have it.

Also a US issue of the Chuck Jackson version please. Not fussed about the UK one.

Ta.

Jamie

Social source share

Spooky & sue attached never heard chuck jackson any one post it up

link

Thought you'd have heard that one, Miff.

The Spooky & Sue version was THE Cleethorpes version, but my 'Old Man' said the Chuck Jackson one was played at the Winter Gardens.

As a kid I preferred the Chuck Jackson version, but now I can't choose between 'em. Moments is still good, but not as, if you know what I mean.

Get your arse over to Leeds on Dec 3rd and I'll play it for you. (Providing I get a copy before then!! :unsure: )

Jamie yes.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

You are having a Giraffe aren't you??? How can you even contemplate comparrison between Chuck Jackson and Spooky and Sue's lightweight offering. Admittedly not Chucks best effort but it's lightyears better than S&S

Trotsky

Actually didn't CJ's version become a minor chart hit in the UK in the 70's ????

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

Jamie it's on Decca not Philips...I think....last one I had was belgian decca anyway, decca aren't part of philips so probably decca in holland as well..

link

Cheers Pete,

Knew it was something like that, bare me in mind if you come across another copy. That Negram one is pap, near on impossible to play the quality is that bad.

Jamie

Social source share

You are having a Giraffe aren't you??? How can you even contemplate comparrison between Chuck Jackson and Spooky and Sue's lightweight offering. Admittedly not Chucks best effort but it's lightyears better than S&S

Trotsky

Actually didn't CJ's version become a minor chart hit in the UK in the 70's ????

link

Pipe down Trootmeister, you not being from the right part of the country anymore has made you go crazy.

Although, I did mention CJ's version was my boyhood choice. He adds more to it vocally, and sort of ad-libs between lines (If that's the right phrase??) whereas the S&S version just 'sticks to the words' and seems a little flat compared to CJ.

And stop being so uptight, so uptight, I've got the need to slap you about. :unsure:

J J Jameson yes.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I was just about to get up and stand on a box and deck you then Jamie until i realised you were singing to me and that's kinda sweet awwww so i'll let you off this time yes.gif

But please don't contaminate your box with the spookmiester :unsure:

Social source share

I was just about to get up and stand on a box and deck you then Jamie until i realised you were singing to me and that's kinda sweet awwww so i'll let you off this time blink.gif

But please don't contaminate your box with the spookmiester :unsure:

link

It would a tough call to put it in the box, it is afterall the Negram boot copy that I've got yes.gif

Jamie The Boot

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Not far away with:

Philips - Decca

Black Issue - Blue Issue

blink.gif   :unsure:

Was right with picture sleeve!!!!

It's not for sale is it Mr Awake??

Jamie  yes.gif

link

Sorry, holding on to this, brings back lots of happy memories of Cleethorpes. Might have a spare Moments LP though..

Social source share

Sorry, holding on to this, brings back lots of happy memories of Cleethorpes. Might have a spare Moments LP though..

link

Ah well, I'll just have to keep looking.

Cheers anyway for the scan :unsure:

Jamie

Social source share

Soulville Ime off on the third of dec will try to get a lift :thumbsup:

link

Sounds like a plan.

Make sure you come & say hello.

Some people say I look a bit like Windsor Davies, but I can't see it myself.....

'Cos you lot, are a bunch of pooftahs. Now move it, move it, move it.......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!