• Replies 29
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ANYONE???

It's on Rock-Way. So are the re-issues. Except the reissues have the arranger's name and the originals don't. Or at least some pressings of the original (that apparently isn't really an original) don't. This is a re-issue...can't scan my original at the moment..someone else will probably provide one. https://webhosting.web.com/imagelib/sitebui...el%20The%20Funk

Social source share

Guest Trevski

That's the reissue by all intents...

from a previous thread https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27248

still seems a bit inconclusive. The guy himself says:

he seems to be having trouble with the information regardng a bootleg

record I am suppose to be distributing or selling on Ebay. Please

inform him that I am willing to send him a copy of the first 45 rpm of

the Mixed Emotions Record "Gold of my life" for him to compaire with the

European boots that he may have or any of his frends may have, Their

are violines on the original first copies pressed in 1975, I made more

than one pressing of the records in 1975, the pirators were distributing

the second pressings in Europe, no one have ever heard to my knowledge

the first pressings. The First Pressings in fact does have the

(Arrangers name on the label) and it also has strings on the record. If

any DJ in the UK want to settle the question of me bootlegging my

records or if this in fact is a different recording, have them to send

me the postage so that they will not be feeding false information the

their viewers.

Once again I never authorized any of the Mixed Emotions recordings tobe

sold to the General public, that is why all of the recordngs from 1975

until this day are BOOTLEGS, if they want the real deal check out Ebay.

Regards

Elijah Cole

Sicmu music bm

?????? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

SO WHAT THE FECK DOES THAT MEAN

WHATS A REAL ONE AND WHATS NOT..

I JUST WANT A REAL COPY..ANYONE???

:thumbsup: Don't think anyone really knows, CONCLUSIVELY Gash :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Have an original copy of this - had it since Mecca days mid 70's - killer funk tune on the flipside also - open to offers and could be persuaded to part with it - condition is Excellent :

email me at jmcrae@mcdermott.com

Take care

John :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Have an original copy of this - had it since Mecca days mid 70's - killer funk tune on the flipside also - open to offers and could be persuaded to part with it - condition is Excellent :

email me at jmcrae@mcdermott.com

Take care

John :thumbsup:

Can we see a scan? would like to see if it's different from the others we've seen :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

it's very simple rich

there's two different versions i've heard

it seems likely that they were both pressed in the 70s in limited quantities - don't get the one with the arranger's name on it and you will be as sure as you can be that it's an "original" of the better version (from memory the E on the matrix number is reversed like a 3 - i can check that if you want)

of course you could argue that there isn't any such thing as a real one - which is what mr cole bangs on about - he says they were never distributed for general sale.....but that's another argument!

btw, did you get your elipsis? top tune

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Marc that was actually Mixed Feelings "Sha-la-la" I gave spin :D

Top tune :unsure: Seems like a few folk on here are getting 'MIXED up' over these two :lol:

Social source share

Hi,

my copy not has the arranger's name... see the scan , but the clue should be in the deadwax (from Fryer's funk forum topic...):

original: EC-5709 (the 'E' looks like a backwards 3)

repress: EC-5709 (the 'E' looks like an E)

cheers,

Cristian

Same as mine, which I purchased back in the mid 70's

Martyn

Social source share

thanks to all so who has one for sale then???

original that is

Hi Gash, I`ve got an original copy mate.....I`ll bring it up tomorrow to Aberdeen for you to see for yourself. The dead giveaway is if the arrangers name is underneath ` Mixed Emotions ` it`s the reissue.....The orig has a large beveled edge and the numbers and letters in the dead wax are different,....also the paper that the lable is made of has a slight grain to it on the original, compared to dead smooth and shiney on the reissue......Now here`s one to really do yer head in, from the one swirl groove in the deadwax to the lable it`s 16mm.

If John Manship is online he`ll put up the facts, he`s got it down to a fine art with this record,....I got mine from Butch a few months back.

Andy D

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

"The dead giveaway is if the arrangers name is underneath ` Mixed Emotions ` it`s the reissue..."

This isnt true at all. I got my copy from the arrangers family. My copy is original with the arrangers name on it. If there is an E that looks like a bckwds 3 then it is an original. That is the only way to tell the time of the pressing. All my local friends that have a copy (and there arent many) all have the arrangers name on it. Also, these cats pretty much just shop at the flea markets and neighborhoods around which they live. So im saying im pretty sure their copies are original as well.

Maybe they added the arrangers name for a second run in the 70s. Maybe with the arrangers name those were bound for the stores once the promos without the name did well with the DJs and record store owners out here. I dont know, the family of the arranger didnt know, elijah doesnt know, and i cant even find any musicians in the bay that really ever heard of a group called the Mixed Emotions or even knew the tracks when i played them.

Anyway... i think this topic has been exhausted on more sites than this one... There should be a permanent sticky to any topic thats been brought up this many times...

Social source share

"The dead giveaway is if the arrangers name is underneath ` Mixed Emotions ` it`s the reissue..."

This isnt true at all. I got my copy from the arrangers family. My copy is original with the arrangers name on it.

It will be from the family, Eligah Cole pressed up the re-issues at later date....the original first press is as said.....many times over in several topics.

thanks to all so who has one for sale then???

original that is

I'm not certain mate but Butch may have one? He did a while back but not sure if he's sold it.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

It will be from the family, Eligah Cole pressed up the re-issues at later date....the original first press is as said.....many times over in several topics.

that's what we always believed chalky, but it doesn't seem that simple anymore

i've heard from more than one person that they have copies with the arrangers name on it which were pressed in the 70s - possibly from the same plates as the one without the arrangers name on it (the handwritten matrix number has an E like a backwards 3)

the one which he's pressed up recently with the arrangers name on it is a different version (with keyboards and other instruments) and it is from new plates

it seems completely clear to me that the one without the arrangers name on it is the one which has always been played on the uk northern scene - so if you want to buy an "original", that's the one to go for

btw, does anyone know where it was played on the northern scene in the 70s? was it the mecca? was it popular then (before my time!), or was it one of those hundreds of 70s tunes that faded away after a couple of weeks?

Social source share

They will no doubt have been done using same plates, especially as Cole did them himself.

He admitted in a snotty reply to me that the he did 300 for family and friends, these are the ones without the arrangers name on, and that these were never officially released so therefore boots and if wanted a true original they had to get the second issue with arrangers name, it's all on site somewhere. These just happened to be what had stock of and was selling. More have been pressed in recent times, the different version you mention.

I remember telling him he at the time he either had a lot of friends or a big family :thumbsup:

I doubt anything can convince myself or others that anything but the ones with no arrangers name on are the true first prtess and that any others were pressed later after hearing of demand for the record, and after all who can blame the guy.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

so whos gonna sell / trade me a real oner then?

come on

know where there's possibly a defo real one but it'll set you back £300

shep

Social source share