Special Delivery Next Day Rip Off

So when did this go up? Went to the post office this morning with a tenner in my pocket for the £7.25 postage on next day delivery. Asked for next day & they said is that next day saturday or next day monday ? What ??????????? Apparently £7.25 now only covers Monday to Friday, if a saturday is involved it is counted as a non working day even though the normal post is delivered on a saturday. So now, after I offered next day delivery free as part of the sale I wasn't able to keep my side of the bargain because i didn't have enough money with me & of course next day monday is actually next day tuesday because of the Bank Holiday.  

Rant over though still p'd off

Social source share

I think it has been like this for some time so if you paid £11.70 vs. £7.25 they guarantee the Saturday delivery. Having said that I have done lots of Special D's on a Friday which were delivered the next day so I'd always go wit the cheaper option.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

and to think Cable sold it for a song to some bankers. 

Try looking st the price to ensure items over £500 using the same service. Starts getting into £40 + just so postie wont use it as a pillow/footall.

Social source share

Next day joke more like, it's a lottery. I had someone that specifically wanted home Monday delivery from a Friday posting so I made the point at the p.o. that I wanted the Mon-Fri SD not the more expensive £11+ Saturday delivery and paid £7.25. They tried to deliver Saturday and the guy had to collect from the sorting office. My Hermes are also much cheaper for named days.

TBH my main post bugbear is people who invoice in minutes and charge for 1st class post, then take a week to go to the post office. I paid for 1st class, so I expect it to arrive in a day or two, not 10 days or i'd have paid you for 2nd class... 

and another thing...

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

i posted a record special delivery guaranteed next day delivery before 1.00pm, and it took over a week to arrive, it supposedly fell down the back of the drivers seat in the postie van?..any how i tried to claim my refund (money back) from the royal mail via the online refunds procedure (twice)..never got a reply, nether mind any dosh back..very slack set up..and expensive imho

Social source share

3 hours ago, Sutty said:

Next day joke more like, it's a lottery. I had someone that specifically wanted home Monday delivery from a Friday posting so I made the point at the p.o. that I wanted the Mon-Fri SD not the more expensive £11+ Saturday delivery and paid £7.25. They tried to deliver Saturday and the guy had to collect from the sorting office. My Hermes are also much cheaper for named days.

TBH my main post bugbear is people who invoice in minutes and charge for 1st class post, then take a week to go to the post office. I paid for 1st class, so I expect it to arrive in a day or two, not 10 days or i'd have paid you for 2nd class... 

and another thing...

cheers Sutty

I caught Hermes trying to throw a £500 drum machine over my side fence. They also left a rug outside my house while I was out. They do not care much about quality.

Social source share

Funny you should say that as it's just reminded me that parceltogo left a package in my rubbish bin a week ago, it was only when I went to see if it was worth wheeling the bin out for collection last week and opened it that I saw it on the top of the rubbish. No card to tell me when they did it or where it was, if I'd not have checked it would be down the tip now

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Special delivery sent on a Friday has never been guaranteed to arrive on Saturday, but sometimes your lucky. The private couriers are all shoddy, uncaring, dim-arses. I speak with extensive experience both sending and receiving. One day I'll tell you about the 200CD's that got delivered to the brothel upstairs from the shop ...but I've got to catch the van at the village post office.

dean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!